Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 D3 second service - 36k miles

Views : 1887

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 22:29   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

There is no 18 month service it is either 18000 or 36000 miles or one year old or two year old which ever comes first , if it is a 2011 volvo model year ( approx july 2010 - july 2011 ) then it is 36000 for the outer aux belt and tensioner ... the next change after this one won't be until 108000 though . It looks like the idea is to get all the old ford type tensioners changed over asap to the newer current volvo type .
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 15:10   #12
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Thanks for all the replies. Have agreed £400 with new wipers thrown in, and they're swapping my winter wheels over for my summer ones. Still quite steep but I value the relationship with my local dealer (others are over an hour away) particularly as it's still in warranty. They're looking at the subframe bushes for me again (3rd time!) as they're just starting to creak.

The "particulate filter" turns out to be the pollen filter, it's quite dusty where I am so am having that changed. The aux belt and tensioner is 36k for my engine number, pre 884797.
tommyweaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 17:43   #13
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyweaves View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Have agreed £400 with new wipers thrown in, and they're swapping my winter wheels over for my summer ones. Still quite steep but I value the relationship with my local dealer (others are over an hour away) particularly as it's still in warranty. They're looking at the subframe bushes for me again (3rd time!) as they're just starting to creak.

The "particulate filter" turns out to be the pollen filter, it's quite dusty where I am so am having that changed. The aux belt and tensioner is 36k for my engine number, pre 884797.
Seems a reasonable reduction that with a couple of extra bits thrown in.

Did you have your bartering hat on?..!!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 18:16   #14
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Nice result there and as VR says a good reduction.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 16:18   #15
clivea
clivea

Smile

The car has now had its 2 year/36k service including brake fluid change. In my earlier post above I thought that the quoted price (less than £300) was extremely good value but my wife, who booked the car in, now thinks that the piece of paper that she gave me did not include for the brake fluid change. So the full amount was £383 which I am still pleased with given that I now have a further 12 months with Volvo Assist and a pro ratae refund on my existing policy. I can quite understand how forum members rate MRG so highly, they are not only very efficient, but friendly too.

April 2014 Subaru Forester XE Lineatronic.
2010-April 2014 XC70 SE Premium 205ps D5 Geartronic AWD 2010MY Oyster Grey
clivea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 18:28   #16
tommyweaves
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivea View Post
The car has now had its 2 year/36k service including brake fluid change. In my earlier post above I thought that the quoted price (less than £300) was extremely good value but my wife, who booked the car in, now thinks that the piece of paper that she gave me did not include for the brake fluid change. So the full amount was £383 which I am still pleased with given that I now have a further 12 months with Volvo Assist and a pro ratae refund on my existing policy. I can quite understand how forum members rate MRG so highly, they are not only very efficient, but friendly too.
That sounds like a very good price! Did it have a belt and tensioner change or was it just oil and filters plus your brake fluid change?
tommyweaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 18:52   #17
clivea
clivea

Smile

The aux belt and tensioner were changed a while back under recall. The price included for the standard 2yr/36k service and all parts/lubs etc and change of brake fluid.

April 2014 Subaru Forester XE Lineatronic.
2010-April 2014 XC70 SE Premium 205ps D5 Geartronic AWD 2010MY Oyster Grey
clivea is offline   Reply With Quote