Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - rattles/creaks/squeaks ?

Views : 2584

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:43   #1
sabikeuk

Default XC60 - rattles/creaks/squeaks ?

Hi guys and especially owners of XC60.

I would like to know if you have any rattles/creaks/squeaks in your XC60 (e.g. dashboard rattle, door handle, etc..) and what is the mileage of your car.

Thank you,

Dan
sabikeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:49   #2
richy2

26.5k miles on my April 2011 XC60 D5 auto AWD and so far so good, I get the odd 'creak' from the centre console when it's a cold ambient temperature but generally speaking it's rattle free (apart from the stuff I put in the glove box and/or door pockets), not bad as well considering it's the R Design with firmer suspension which I find usually can highlight rattle that bit more.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 13:15   #3
sabikeuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy2 View Post
26.5k miles on my April 2011 XC60 D5 auto AWD and so far so good, I get the odd 'creak' from the centre console when it's a cold ambient temperature but generally speaking it's rattle free (apart from the stuff I put in the glove box and/or door pockets), not bad as well considering it's the R Design with firmer suspension which I find usually can highlight rattle that bit more.
Thanks for reply. Glad to hear you are rattles free ;-). I have been in one XC60 with 17.000 miles on, but when I opened the door from inside, door handle squeaks little bit, It wasn't as solid as I would expect ...

Last edited by sabikeuk; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 13:17.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 14:09   #4
richy2

ah ok, maybe depends what you're coming from. It's probably not Audi quality but not far off, one of the best I've owned for sure but that is a long list of Ford, Vauxhall, Subaru, Mitsubishi etc. My only door rattles are definitely stuff in the door pockets, the handles are fine for what I do with them although some of the plastics on the doors are quite hard and scratchy, it doesn't bother me but others have commented.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 14:16   #5
sabikeuk

yep, I currently own an AUDI A4 but it is 52 reg, 100.000 miles on and no squeak/rattle ... I am very rattles sensitive :-) I was disapointed with door handle squeak (plastic around the handle) when I touched the handle ... it wasn't solid as in my old Audi
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 14:25   #6
richy2

maybe a Q5 would be better for you if you want a SUV type vehicle and retain the Audi build quality. I had the Q5 and Freelander on my list when I was looking, the Freelander felt the worst quality although they have just been face lifted again, the Q5 probably felt the best but the Volvo design, engine, price, and gearbox won out for my use.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 14:36   #7
sabikeuk

I am also thinking about Q5, I like it but is is more expensive (second hand). The reason why I like XC60 is design - especialy rear lights. I also like design of an interior...but as I said I don't like squeaks/rattles...
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 15:16   #8
Worthingmike

I have done 42K on some very rough roads in Europe. So far no rattles. I really enjoy this car, best I have had.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 15:25   #9
sabikeuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthingmike View Post
I have done 42K on some very rough roads in Europe. So far no rattles. I really enjoy this car, best I have had.
Thanks for reply. So far there are owners without any rattle and are very happy with a car and then there is another group who is complaining about rattles and issues ...

Just out of curiosity, what cars did you drive before ?
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 15:42   #10
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Had my car 9 months now and I have been living with a bad rattle from the near side rear quarter, it's even worse when someone sits in the adjacent rear seat. These panels were removed by the dealer, to fit the front parking sensors when these were missed off my order, the parking ecu is fitted in the rear so that's why they were removed.
Snag is nothing else is wrong so I will probably wait until first service in March to get it fixed-though it does drive me up the wall especially when driving down potholey roads.