Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon OLD style grills that everyone likes

Views : 8557

Replies : 53

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 20:34   #1
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Lightbulb Amazon OLD style grills that everyone likes

hi there folks

now this is a tough one i have been working with a friend on making some old style grills that fit in the Amazon front panels .... ( newer models )

now i have the option of getting more done (made ) wondered if there was much intrest ?? it has taking us a year to get them sourced and best possible way of making them hence why i say a tough one they aint easy nor cheap to produce i will explain and later when i get a clear few photos post them for all to see i can honestly say they have turned out real nice but they come with a price tag even in the material they have been made in which is a fibre glass material with additives to not breakdown over years to come , they have been chemicly treated to take the chroming process in a nice finish with a stainless mesh and stainless fixing bar behind them now they come as a pair naturally so twice the work to complete and im wondering if there would be much intrest i have described them to the best i can and photos shortly will follow im in the process of sorting a final price but as they being made abroad conversion rate is a factor so a final price is not ready yet hence why im posting this to see what reaction we may have and comments etc ...... so watch this space and let me know what you think ??

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Oct 26th, 2012 at 20:57.
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 22:06   #2
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

You'd have some interest if they fit into the later front panels without modification, for certain. Some indication of how much money you're talking about would also be useful.

It's all very well having something tasty (a certain American pro touring car outfit springs to mind) for sale, but if they're gonna cost £400, count me out.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 22:21   #3
amazon69
Premier Member

^^^WHS

I could be interested, was thinking of doing similar myself, but they'd have to hit the right price point.

Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to amazon69 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 23:22   #4
Quarterless
Master Member

As per the other replies. :O)
jakobandhismakarov: unnecessary dig.

Last edited by Quarterless; Oct 26th, 2012 at 23:24.
Quarterless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quarterless For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 23:57   #5
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobandhismakarov View Post
You'd have some interest if they fit into the later front panels without modification, for certain. Some indication of how much money you're talking about would also be useful.

It's all very well having something tasty (a certain American pro touring car outfit springs to mind) for sale, but if they're gonna cost £400, count me out.
cool they fit into the newer style front panels as the originals ( proper old style ) never fit in beeing smaller in size a wee bit so these are for us guys and gals that cannot put the desired style into the front panels

price is a hard one as im not happy with total cost atm so hoping to get down a small amount to make it viable for us, next question is what price range do you reckon they would be needing to be within to make it accetable ?? before we commit to any major numbers

i have some front on photos on another pc i will added them when i get a chance over the weekend

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Oct 27th, 2012 at 00:04.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 00:21   #6
loon

I think the best way to price an item is to charge the lowest price you are comfortable to charge, but still make a profit. Inform customers that there is a flutuation in price due to the currency market.
we all know that these things are done for a profit, but if you try to sell to high they dont sell, so make sure you are not gready.

and lastly dont tell anyone how much they cost or who makes them.
loon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loon For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 00:27   #7
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
I think the best way to price an item is to charge the lowest price you are comfortable to charge, but still make a profit. Inform customers that there is a flutuation in price due to the currency market.
we all know that these things are done for a profit, but if you try to sell to high they dont sell, so make sure you are not gready.

and lastly dont tell anyone how much they cost or who makes them.
yes i totally agree with you i always try to be fair first and ut must i wanted these made for myself and my guy wanted aswell then my dad see them and was like o my i want a batch for all my amazons so thought kool good plan then but i knew i was so glad !!! to be able to fit a pair on my car thought it only fair to offer them to everyone just we have got costs as low as we can and even then they come up at a amount its close on wire to me any more and they would be priced off the market i will tell you they come in under 300 so thats the ball park we in plus shipping costs per adress thats unique to each person so hope this helps home in on cost as best i can im hoping they will be a wee bit less and then they will be right on the price i feel
comfortable paying for them myself

my first thought was well they fibreglass so a less expesive material but i can tell you when you have them in your hand and they are fitted they look the bussiness i can tell ya

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Oct 27th, 2012 at 00:33.
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 00:40   #8
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Still interested. Although now you've said 'around 300' that's what people are going to expect. Loon's right, you should have kept shtum until you worked all your costings out.

And TBH, without derailing this thread, I can say what I like about the pro touring outfit, I wanted to do business with him and he stonewalled me. I gave him technical information and he never even said thank you. So forgive me if I'm feeling a bit raw about it (rolls eyes).
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 00:47   #9
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

credit where credits due i can understand where your coming from on the issue when you get no thanks manners cost nothing and its just polite to use them world would be a better place ...

and on the price im not out to make mega money i just wanted to share the oppurtunity to place a nice set of grills on our cars what volvo had done from start but decided to cut costs and give us some naff ones lol

The Following User Says Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2012, 01:36   #10
Tail
Master Member

Allways fancied a pair of the older style grills in my newer front panelled car, especially as the grills i have although ok look a little tired and really good ones are few and far between so put me down as a potential customer
Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tail For This Useful Post: