Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY23 Configurator LIVE!

Views : 2727

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2021, 17:46   #1
griffin447

Default XC60 MY23 Configurator LIVE!

The new MY23 configurator is live here: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/shop/xc60/

First notes: huge increase in OTR price, very little spec to change and did I mention the prices are crazy expensive!? Circa £3k more than the MY22 r design recharge model I have now!!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griffin447 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 17:53   #2
Dohnut

Loving the new wool seats!
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 20:28   #3
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

This is a predicable direction for Volvo. (with the UK now being in alignment with places such as Germany and Australia regards Core, Plus & Ultimate). More fixed specification models and very limited configuration options – similar to the Japanese brands. Not so sure I’d like having to pay for what used to be an optional cost extra now being bundled into the new models – whether I want it or not.

The biggest standout is the drive towards buying directly from Volvo UK. Speaking with my dealer some time ago, there is concern in the Volvo trade as to what position local dealers may be playing in the future – Sales moving away from local dealers towards Volvo UK direct and local dealer servicing only.
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 21:17   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
This is a predicable direction for Volvo. (with the UK now being in alignment with places such as Germany and Australia regards Core, Plus & Ultimate). More fixed specification models and very limited configuration options – similar to the Japanese brands. Not so sure I’d like having to pay for what used to be an optional cost extra now being bundled into the new models – whether I want it or not.
Personally I don't mind the simplified approach. I remember a decade or so ago looking at Lexus. At the time there were something like two trim levels and three options - the whole price list for that particular model fitted on one side of A5.

Contrast with Mercedes at the time, where the price list for the E Class ran to 67(!) pages.

I take the point about having to pay for options one would not have chosen but given the potential alternative I prefer the simplified approach.
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 16:03   #5
yellowbentines

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
The new MY23 configurator is live here: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/shop/xc60/
No it's not.... Yes it is... Seems to be up and down and crashing quite a bit!

Surprised to see the B4 Diesel engine is still available to order on the MY23 XC60 - I thought with Volvo's transition away from fossil fuels that the MY22 cars would be the last diesels for the UK market anyway.

Also note that they are now quoting delivery times for each model on the website, and if you are willing to subscribe to the new Volvo rental model many cars are available now or within a few weeks. Does this partly explain perhaps why new orders from private customers have long lead times, as they will be fulfilling orders for their own 'rental stock' first and foremost?

Looking at the price increases, the XC60 I have on order may be my first and last Volvo
yellowbentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 16:55   #6
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbentines View Post
Does this partly explain perhaps why new orders from private customers have long lead times, as they will be fulfilling orders for their own 'rental stock' first and foremost?:
I think covid, chip shortage and shipping crisis are the main factors at play.
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 17:53   #7
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbentines View Post
No it's not.... Yes it is... Seems to be up and down and crashing quite a bit!

Surprised to see the B4 Diesel engine is still available to order on the MY23 XC60 - I thought with Volvo's transition away from fossil fuels that the MY22 cars would be the last diesels for the UK market anyway.

Also note that they are now quoting delivery times for each model on the website, and if you are willing to subscribe to the new Volvo rental model many cars are available now or within a few weeks. Does this partly explain perhaps why new orders from private customers have long lead times, as they will be fulfilling orders for their own 'rental stock' first and foremost?

Looking at the price increases, the XC60 I have on order may be my first and last Volvo
Yes - Volvo are working off the model that you pay what they give you regardless of whether you want a HK System, 360 degree camera and heated rear seats or not. Retailers will become more service driven and sales will be handled through Volvo UK direct. Can’t imagine there being too many deals now Volvo are handling the sales process entirely. The monthly figures are ridiculous…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 13:40   #8
Matt90

Ultimate spec level is great.

I really don't like the fact you have to have the brown wood interior if you want black leather though...
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 15:57   #9
Discoman

Thanks for posting. It usefully got me to look at the current XC90 range with its massively restricted choice of options, large price rises for the car and servicing pack and the inability to order what I have. Makes me appreciate my current XC90 even more, great car!
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 16:24   #10
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt90 View Post
Ultimate spec level is great.

I really don't like the fact you have to have the brown wood interior if you want black leather though...
It looks like you can choose this option looking at the [Price and Specification | Model Year 2023 | Edition 1]

trim.jpg

I'm with you, the dark wood Linear Lime does not appeal - but then each to their own.

I'm just so glad I've got my MY22 XC60 Inscription when I did !