Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Everything you need to know about Adrian Flux.

Views : 3154

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2023, 20:04   #21
cross-Member

Default Reputable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
But would you leave reviews (good or bad) on a unregulated Facebook community page like that specific to the company would you use a reputable review site like TrustPilot, Trip Advisor etc. ?
You do know that you can buy positive Trustpilot reviews, negative ones, have your reviews managed, have negatives taken down...
cross-Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2023, 20:09   #22
cross-Member

Default Claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
No but people made claims against me though and Flux were very supportive. To be honest, it’s been a good while ago too. I find overall now that dealing with any insurance company to be hard work. It was so much fun popping down the local brokers and dealing with someone face to face.

TT
The job of an insurance company is not to protect you in any way. They protect their underwriters, so if someone made a claim against you, you are insured against such by the company, they will fight for the underwriters.
cross-Member is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cross-Member For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2023, 22:05   #23
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
I used Flux for ages until their prices suddenly jumped up and I couldn’t justify it anymore. Other than that, they’re service was fine.

TT
My flux policy went up 20% this year.
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 10:20   #24
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
My flux policy went up 20% this year.
Flux that for a game of soldiers
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 10:33   #25
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Daughters Audi went up ( not with Flux ) from £460 last June to £813 this June.
No changes in circumstances, claims or convictions.
Shopped around and got same cover for£598 which is still one hell of an increase.
Mine is due in September and am ready for a hit.😒

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 10:39   #26
morsing
Premier Member

People drive like nutters and get angry when insurance premiums increase overall.
'70 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
'95 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo Auto
morsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 13:46   #27
Pidgeonpost
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsing View Post
People drive like nutters and get angry when insurance premiums increase overall.
Yep. I live on a rural 2-lane A-road with a 50mph limit on it, and at certain times of the day it's like a race track. I kid you not, some drivers, and they're usually kids come past our house at 70-80mph trying to keep ahead of their mates. Even when fuel prices were at their highest they were still driving like they stole it. Rant over.

Back on topic, I'm with Direct Line for our V70 - just over £250 fully comp. Could probably have got cheaper elsewhere, and I do compare prices from time to time. This year DL wanted a big hike for our Yeti so we went to Tesco Bank as there was a big difference.
Problem with insurance is you don't find out how good the company is until you make a claim.
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 14:03   #28
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeonpost View Post
Yep. I live on a rural 2-lane A-road with a 50mph limit on it, and at certain times of the day it's like a race track. I kid you not, some drivers, and they're usually kids come past our house at 70-80mph trying to keep ahead of their mates. Even when fuel prices were at their highest they were still driving like they stole it. Rant over.

Back on topic, I'm with Direct Line for our V70 - just over £250 fully comp. Could probably have got cheaper elsewhere, and I do compare prices from time to time. This year DL wanted a big hike for our Yeti so we went to Tesco Bank as there was a big difference.
Problem with insurance is you don't find out how good the company is until you make a claim.
And when you make a claim you find you are not dealing with the "Insurance company * " you thought would handle the claim for you , but you find out who is the actual Insurance company you have to sort the claim out with.

* = they aren't an insurance company at all but a broker so they fix you up with some insurance company you have never heard of .
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 17:13   #29
Rangefinder10

[I]Back on topic, I'm with Direct Line for our V70 - just over £250 fully comp. Could probably have got cheaper elsewhere, and I do compare prices from time to time. This year DL wanted a big hike for our Yeti so we went to Tesco Bank as there was a big difference.

I'm also with Direct Line. Just changed over the insurance from a Honda CR-V 2.0 petrol to my XC70 D5 2.4 mid policy and it cost me the grand sum of £2.48.
Rangefinder10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rangefinder10 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2023, 19:45   #30
ITSv40
VOC Member

I was with Direct Line for 17 years - having a V40 insured with them during that period, Very satisfied and never bothered with comparison sites - the premium was around the £250 - 300 mark.

Then I came to replace the car as it was high mileage and needed work that was not economical so replaced with the current V40 - same spec, same driver and same cover required - just a slightly later model. Now I bought the replacement and needed cover for one month to cover both cars, as I needed to service the replacement before scrapping the old one. Rang Direct Line and the additional cover was £25 for the month and during the conversation there was a throwaway remark that it would be £700 when the renewal was due at the end of the month. I thought nothing of it as I assumed it related to insuring both cars, not just the replacement.

Renewal arrived and yes, renewal was £700. I phoned and stated there must be some mistake as I only wanted cover on the one replacement car as the old one had been scrapped. Yes, cover for one replacement car was £700. The chappie checked with colleagues and yes the premium was indeed £700.

I then got cover with Saga for £175. One car, same driver and cover.

Direct Line lost a long standing satisfied customer who fitted there preferred customer demographic - mature driver with a standard spec run of the mill ordinary car.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote