Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 T8 questions for a new owner

Views : 516

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 6th, 2024, 14:36   #1
Roth1

Default XC60 T8 questions for a new owner

Hi, having sold my 2011 xc60 r design a few weeks ago after 8 years of ownership I've decided that I can't find a better, more suited car so I'm going to return. This time with a T8 hybrid.

I've test drove a 2019 r design pro T8 version but it sold before I had chance to buy it. So have reserved another T8 model instead. Could I ask any current owners what their opinions of this car is like, any common problems and if they'd buy one again?

Also would be interested to know if the T8 has remote climate control in the UK as I can't find anything to confirm this?

Many thanks in advance.
Roth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2024, 15:47   #2
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth1 View Post
Hi, having sold my 2011 xc60 r design a few weeks ago after 8 years of ownership I've decided that I can't find a better, more suited car so I'm going to return. This time with a T8 hybrid.

I've test drove a 2019 r design pro T8 version but it sold before I had chance to buy it. So have reserved another T8 model instead. Could I ask any current owners what their opinions of this car is like, any common problems and if they'd buy one again?

Also would be interested to know if the T8 has remote climate control in the UK as I can't find anything to confirm this?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi there, it will have remote climate, the Volvo cars app will work if you either start the engine or precondition it, either way it will do whatever it feels best and either start the AC, the engine or the petrol aux heater during the winter.

I expect you will be vey happy, these aren't citroens, fords etc, they are well built cars with proven software on them (the sensus models you are looking at)

The thing to check, is whether you have the android auto/apple car play as it may have been optional on that year model.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2024, 16:02   #3
Roth1

Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check for Android auto when I get to see the car. Having the ability to defrost the car from the house during winter will be a welcome bonus.

Loved my previous xc60 as never had a single problem other than wear and tear and it had unbelievably build quality. Hope this newer generation are the same.
Old May 6th, 2024, 16:28   #4
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
I'll check for Android auto when I get to see the car. Having the ability to defrost the car from the house during winter will be a welcome bonus.
Neither CarPlay nor Android Auto were standard. It's a £300 option that can be retrofitted if not already installed. Note that CP and AA aren't required for pre-conditioning.

On a 2019 car pre-heating is done using the aux fuel-fired heater. Later cars (after MY22?) have an electric pre-heater.
Old May 6th, 2024, 18:25   #5
Roth1

That's great. Really surprised that the car doesn't come with AP as standard (AA seemed for follow later on most cars for some reason). Is there a dealer charge for enabling the preconditioning or is it just a matter of downloading the volvo app and away you go?
Old May 6th, 2024, 18:54   #6
rhd443

Quote:
That's great. Really surprised that the car doesn't come with AP as standard (AA seemed for follow later on most cars for some reason). Is there a dealer charge for enabling the preconditioning or is it just a matter of downloading the volvo app and away you go?
I think £300 rings a bell, dealer enables it for you.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2024, 09:05   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Is there a dealer charge for enabling the preconditioning or is it just a matter of downloading the volvo app and away you go?
There's no charge; it's standard on a T8.

Pre-conditioning can be started via the free app or by using the central screen in the car. You can also set up to 8 timers if you keep to a standard routine like always leaving home at the same time for example.
Old May 7th, 2024, 10:23   #8
V60 probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
There's no charge; it's standard on a T8.

Pre-conditioning can be started via the free app or by using the central screen in the car. You can also set up to 8 timers if you keep to a standard routine like always leaving home at the same time for example.
Is the app free? I'm not entirely sure, but I thought it was an annual subscription, £30'ish? But as you say, it can be configured in the car too.

Prevously: 1992 440ti, 1997 S40 1.8, 2000 S80 2.4.
V60 probably is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2024, 11:36   #9
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V60 probably View Post
Is the app free? I'm not entirely sure, but I thought it was an annual subscription, £30'ish?
Fair point. The app is free but after 3 years from new there's an annual fee for Volvo on Call to allow connection to the car. Think I paid £25 last time.
Old May 7th, 2024, 11:40   #10
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Fair point. The app is free but after 3 years from new there's an annual fee for Volvo on Call to allow connection to the car. Think I paid £25 last time.
I have heard mention on here that the subscription fee for VOC (the app) can be paid by the dealerships if the car is serviced by Volvo. Worth checking.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote