Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BLIS service Required - new XC60

Views : 19260

Replies : 47

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 22:57   #21
mswim

dropped in to the dealer as sys error came up again. diagnostics showed the error codes but nothing found. Codes reset and asked to report if it happens again. took about 30mins.
mswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 23:34   #22
baldur

I've got it yesterday. There was no rain and I'm 99% sure it appeared just after driving into small hole on motorway while driving about 120 km/h. It dissappeared after about 3 minutes.
baldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 16:43   #23
exasperated

My Blis service error came on again last week. Wasn't raining, totally dry conditions. Only thing different was that I'd not driven if for a couple of days and I had just been cleaning my windscreen very enthusiastically with the wiper spray etc due to the largest ever bird deposit I've ever experienced

Stopped the car, turned off the engine and started it up again and warning had gone.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 17:43   #24
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exasperated View Post
My Blis service error came on again last week. Wasn't raining, totally dry conditions. Only thing different was that I'd not driven if for a couple of days and I had just been cleaning my windscreen very enthusiastically with the wiper spray etc due to the largest ever bird deposit I've ever experienced

Stopped the car, turned off the engine and started it up again and warning had gone.

Another way is to Turn Off BLIS and then Turn Back On again with the dashboard switch - worked for me the other week.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 20:40   #25
UKDave

I would recommend anyone getting this, especially in dry weather, to get to the garage and have it fixed under warranty. Mine is 5 days in warranty and it is going back to have the entire mirror unit replaced. The garage said it looks like someone has been at the wiring inside the mirror with a knife and fork !

I know no-one except Volvo has looked at the car. I have had various BLIS warning for the last 2 years, but they can usually be fixed by leaving it or turning it off or back on. However, suddenly the de-mister stopped working. It was looking into this that Volvo said the whole mirror needed changing.

If it is, as someone suggested, that the wires are too small, then I would urge Volvo to replace it asap.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 19:08   #26
polsesnabb

Default Fixed today

After numerous "BLIS blocked" messages, but still no fault found at inspection by dealer, the messages suddenly went "BLIS in need of service" every time I drove the car for the last few weeks. This probably means a fault is loged, and then it showed up in the dealerīs VIDA diagnostics tool.

The mechanic then removed the door trim, and found that the contacts for the camera had almost completely eroded away. He had to solder new pins for male contact, as I understood (perhaps I didnīt). I donīt know why they didnīt just swap the whole thing, but at least now it works fine. The fault was on the left side, but he checked the right side too. It was just as bad there, and waiting to go bonkers, so he fixed that one too.

I suppose this must be a general weaknes, happening so soon. I bought the car brand new in June 2010.
polsesnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 20:06   #27
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Completely different system, but similar resolution - some people may recall the issues I had a few months ago with the temperature readout varying wildly and that causing the AC to blow hot and cold randomly?

This was eventually traced to the temperature sender unit which is located in the wing mirror housing (LH) - it was found to be badly corroded ...
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 20:40   #28
chapi

Hi,

My V70 MY12 has been getting the SERVICE message for the BLIS every 2 or 3 days.

It also broke down twice and is only at 3000 miles.

It is at the dealers waiting for a "software update" for the BLIS system.

Even a replacement mirror made no difference.

I did notice that sometimes it reset on it's own after being triggered by a car in the blind spot.

Chapi
chapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 14:51   #29
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapi View Post
Hi,

My V70 MY12 has been getting the SERVICE message for the BLIS every 2 or 3 days.

It also broke down twice and is only at 3000 miles.

It is at the dealers waiting for a "software update" for the BLIS system.

Even a replacement mirror made no difference.

I did notice that sometimes it reset on it's own after being triggered by a car in the blind spot.

Chapi
Hi Chapi

Whats been the issue with your 2 breakdowns?

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 19:41   #30
chapi

Hi Volvorocks

Originally it looked like the fuel sender, but was traced to a dodgy connector block.

With a full tank of fuel it ran down to zero on the fuel gauge and then cut out.

First time (if it had been correct) I used the full tank of 70l in 20 miles!!!!

Local dealer has been first class.

Regards
chapi is offline   Reply With Quote