Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Diagnostic expert for 2006 V70

Views : 370

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 15:03   #1
tonyldee

Default Diagnostic expert for 2006 V70

Looking for a Volvo expert on diagnostics for my 2006 V70 Ocean Race. Red light on dash signifying engine management and ABS module failure. Had ABS module rebuilt but no change. Main Volvo dealer charged £198 for diagnostic check and came back with " suspected abs failure"
Front and rear fog lamps failed before these lights appeared and now odometer stopped. Cannot all be down to the abs module but main dealer quoted £1200 for new module and re- programming. Let's fit this, then if that doesn't work we will fit something else. Live in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. Anyone out there can help PLEASE!
tonyldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 15:22   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyldee View Post
Looking for a Volvo expert on diagnostics for my 2006 V70 Ocean Race. Red light on dash signifying engine management and ABS module failure. Had ABS module rebuilt but no change. Main Volvo dealer charged £198 for diagnostic check and came back with " suspected abs failure"
Front and rear fog lamps failed before these lights appeared and now odometer stopped. Cannot all be down to the abs module but main dealer quoted £1200 for new module and re- programming. Let's fit this, then if that doesn't work we will fit something else. Live in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. Anyone out there can help PLEASE!
very poor service, Diagnostics you paid £198 for is supposed to tell you exactly what is needed to make your car work again. "Suspected" seems a guess to me .. he should have told you what the exact problem IS by doing certain tests for your £198.. no one can help without knowing what the stored fault codes were...
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 11:48   #3
tonyldee

They listed a whole host of items checked many referring to the CEM which included the front xenon lights which I understand to be the fog lights which was the first fault to show. Also the ECM advising brake lights not working-not true. Also the brake control module that I have just had rebuilt by ECU Testing.
Old Yesterday, 12:20   #4
tonyldee

Ran a diagnostic check with vida/dice purcashed from fellow member. This highlight several faults and codes including reference to the body control module. I have tried searching for its location and method of removal,repair but all I seem to come up with is how to remove the BRAKE control module. I have done that! Help
Old Yesterday, 23:35   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyldee View Post
Ran a diagnostic check with vida/dice purcashed from fellow member. This highlight several faults and codes including reference to the body control module. I have tried searching for its location and method of removal,repair but all I seem to come up with is how to remove the BRAKE control module. I have done that! Help
Volvo don't use the term Body Control Module... something strange going on there...