Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo S80 D5

Views : 2411

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 16:45   #1
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

Cool Volvo S80 D5

Hi Folks

I’m giving serious thought to selling my amazing Volvo S80 D5.

Having owned her for the last 3 years and 7 months, she’s been an awesome car. Originally when I bought her from a garage forecourt, she needed some new parts fitted as the previous owner had not been correctly maintaining the car. For the first 3 month period of my ownership, the garage replaced numerous items under warranty including the intercooler, 2 injectors, Turbo Control Solenoid, Turbo Governor, top engine mount, etc and I also had the EGR Valve cleaned and fitted a brand new heavy duty battery. Over the last 3 years since, the Volvo hasn’t missed a beat.

Always driven on fully synthetic oil and Shell V-Power diesel (apart from two occasions I can recall whilst visiting family in Ireland when I was forced to top up with Esso’s finest as there are no Shell stations over there). Over the last three months alone, I’ve driven her the length and breadth of the Uk! I’ve driven her to the Cairngorm mountains and had lunch in the highest restaurant in the Uk, Peebles which is just south of Edinburgh, Southampton for a few days and then Cork (Republic of Ireland) just two weeks ago for Christmas – each of these journeys has seen the S80 being driven for many hours on the roads without stopping and she’s been absolutely flawless throughout. Hand on heart, I can honestly say that the S80 is the most comfortable car I’ve ever driven on a long journey and it’s even more noticeable when having completed a 9 hour drive and you’re not feeling tired, sore or stiff. Instead you feel refreshed and relaxed – no drama at all and complete comfort.

My Volvo S80 is the face lifted model and a bit different from any other S80 I’ve seen. To be honest; I was never a fan of the S80’s until I laid eyes on this one. Finished in a metallic Titanium grey colour with chrome trim, 5 speed manual gearbox and 18” alloys (wrapped in four brand new tyres which were fitted about two months ago by my local Kwik Fit). Everything works beautifully including the following:

Air-con (Climate Control).

Electric heated and folding wing mirrors.

Reversing sensors.

Cruise control.

ABS.

Computer (Driver Information Module).

Heated seats.

DSTC (Digital Stability Traction Control).

2 x Alarm fobs with remote central locking.

Puddle lights under the wing mirrors.

LED Brake and side lights.

Full leather interior.

Front Fog lights.

4 x electric windows (Front and rear windows).

Massive boot with spare tyre, jack, etc.

Genuine Volvo floor mats fitted.

Dolby Cinema Hi-Fi with 4 disc changer.

Electric driver seat with 3 memory positions.

Phone holder for most sized mobiles (I use my “very wide” Sony Z in it).

There’s a lot more equipment and gadgets she has fitted, but I just can’t think of them all right now…

She has the 2.4 Turbo (D5) diesel engine fitted (163bhp) and I she gives me an average of over 50mpg. She’s covered 152,000 miles, I use her as my daily driver to and from work each day (Mon-Fri) and she still drives like a Volvo should and everything is well maintained (Dac loves his Volvos). She’s Tax’d until July 2014 and MOT’d until April 2014. If you are giving any consideration to buying a Volvo S80, then this is definitely the one you should consider. She starts first time, every time with no faults or fault codes.

I’ve kept all my receipts and those of the previous owners for repairs and maintenance over the years including oil changes, tyres, etc. I’ve only ever allowed her to be maintained/worked on by Volvomax, the Volvo Dealership in Motherwell or my local Kwik Fit in Glasgow. All the receipts are tucked away nicely in the genuine Volvo S80 wallet that also contains the genuine S80 user manual and all my driving documents. She also has the genuine Volvo Tool Kit pack in the boot and the genuine Volvo “Red break down triangle”.

Just to give you an idea of running cost for this beast; I’m a 36 year old male who has three points (SP30) on my licence and I live in Glasgow. Fully Comprehensive insurance is £268 per year and road tax is £200 per year. I normally fill her up with £80 of V-Power and that lasts me around 2 weeks and gives me 800 miles. 0-60mph comes up in around 9 seconds and as mentioned, she’ll give you an average of over 50mpg (The average read-out is sitting at 53.4mpg this afternoon).

I’m looking for £2,250 for my Volvo S80. If there are no takers, I’ll just keep her. Only reason I’m thinking of selling is that I’ve just bought a new house and I fancy a change of car to put in my new driveway. This is the longest I’ve ever owned a Volvo (or any car for that matter) and for good reason – she’s amazing. If I could justify it and if I had the space, I’d keep her, but alas, we already have two cars and if I buy another, holding onto the S80 as a third car just isn’t justifiable.

If you are interested in buying, please PM me for a viewing (I live in Glasgow) and can arrange to meet you either at my house or locally any week day (Mon-Fri) after 6pm or any time at the weekend (Sat/Sun). If you are unable to PM (eg: New members of the forum), just let me know via this thread and I’ll get in contact with you.

If you have any questions, please just ask and thanks for your interest thus far. Now for the photos:

Last edited by dacvolvo; Jan 10th, 2014 at 17:00. Reason: Butter fingers
dacvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 18:07   #2
zakc

Beautiful car mate!
zakc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zakc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 21:29   #3
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

Thanks, Zak. She's a stunner. Always receives admiring glances and nods of heads from everyone :-)
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 21:58   #4
The Thong
VOC Member

Niiiiiccccccceeeee, if I was going to upgrade I'd be on my way up to buy. Very smart.

TT
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 22:07   #5
zakc

If I could bear to part with my old mercedes, I'd buy that straight off you shame I can't afford to run two cars! I didn't like s80's when I first started working for volvo 6 years ago, but they really have grown on me since!
zakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 09:50   #6
Chauffeurdude

Lovely car mate!! Best looking S80 I have seen. Very tempting! Good luck with the sale!
Chauffeurdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 20:47   #7
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

Thanks again, folks. It'll be heart breaking to see her go.

I've just uploaded more photos onto Glasgow Gumtree under item number 1044682355

There's more photos now added including the engine and the leather interior.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...sel/1044682355
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 11:10   #8
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

Hi Folks. I've just been offered £1,800 for my S80. Should I take it or is anyone else genuinely interested? I'd really like her to go to another Volvo fanatic who will look after her like I have.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 01:11   #9
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

Not happy with £1,800. But I will let her go for £2,000. Moving into the new house soon and can't hang about. :-(
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 20:26   #10
dacvolvo
eVolvolution

And now on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1112572191...84.m1555.l2649