Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37601

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 30th, 2021, 15:29   #21
historian163

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Is it a recharge or petrol or diesel? Reason I ask is all recharge models are made in China and even once built there are 22 days transport tine from factory to Ghent. Just so you can factor that into your timescales 😊
It’s petrol. Limited information has been given from the dealer to be honest and I don’t think they have helped in the process. A couple of weeks after my initial order, it was apparently cancelled and resubmitted by the dealer without them telling me. The dealer then authorised Volvo building a car without all of the extras I had ordered and said I could either have that car or the dealer would have it as they could sell it. So I suspect they then submitted a further new order and, despite them assuring me to the contrary, I have moved to the back of a long queue.
historian163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 23:09   #22
BlueOrchid

Smile

Ordered mine at the beginning of June. Was told end of September/beginning of October. Now have been told my build is on 3rd September with expected delivery 9-19th September. So earlier than I was told
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 17:50   #23
Ian.7878

Hi all, Placed my order for a XC60 R-Design Pro B5 (Mild) at the end of June. Dealer was trying to get order delivered for new reg at the start of sept. But that has slipped to near the end. What with the shutdown of Volvo's plant in Torslanda this week due to the chip shortage!

When i ordered my car i WAS unable to order BLIS or 360 Cam, but everything else was good to go.
Ian.7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian.7878 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 17:51   #24
Ian.7878

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOrchid View Post
Ordered mine at the beginning of June. Was told end of September/beginning of October. Now have been told my build is on 3rd September with expected delivery 9-19th September. So earlier than I was told

I would say Good Luck! as the plant is closed this week! restarting production 5th Sept

Sorry to deliver bad news.
Ian.7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 18:10   #25
Handyandy2

I had an update today. Delivery has slipped back 3 weeks. If that ends up being correct it will be exactly 5 months from order to delivery. However 6 weeks is a long time at the moment and anything could happen!
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 18:13   #26
Ian.7878

Think i will put a call in to my dealer tomorrow to see what they are showing, Its a shame that Volvo dont have a customer facing portal to check on the status of your order.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 18:21   #27
griffin447

Hopefully the shutdown is only one week. The chip shortage doesn’t appear to be getting any better at the moment. I’ve got a car charger on order since June and that’s just been pushed back 4 weeks due to the shortage too!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 22:50   #28
Frankiee

Ordered mine in April, got it in July, I’d originally ordered it with Driver Awareness pack as I wanted adaptive cruise and pilot assist. This also came with blis and rear collision alert. I was informed about the chip shortage and had a choice to keep the car per the order and wait or remove the blis and rear collision (which I didn’t want) and get it sooner. The guys at Volvo Tonbridge sorted it and I received it mid July. 22my B5P AWD R-Design
Frankiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 23:29   #29
BlueOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
I would say Good Luck! as the plant is closed this week! restarting production 5th Sept

Sorry to deliver bad news.
I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true! Only spoke to the dealer over the weekend so surprised he didn't know about the closure. Oh well, I guess it will add another week or so on.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 23:31   #30
BlueOrchid

Have you managed to add the camera now? I had the same problem but managed to add the camera later on.