Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Issues with Software Update + Lag

Views : 4285

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2021, 18:39   #11
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Here it is ⬇️
I will change setting to see a map in the middle of driver display then i will start engine. I will update later if i got this too
The Following User Says Thank You to Chudy85 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 21:59   #12
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudy85 View Post
I will change setting to see a map in the middle of driver display then i will start engine. I will update later if i got this too
No i don't have this, my car shows me big picture of my car and who and where have fastened seatbelt.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 12:07   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I have a vague recollection of someone on here having a software update at a service, but the service dept., neglecting the fact that he had Polestar, and so effectively overwriting the polestar upgrade.

Wouldn't swear my recollection was accurate, though, might not even be possible to do that. Not sure how you would check either.
Impossible , polestar becomes part of the standard car specification once loaded ....
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 18:44   #14
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudy85 View Post
Really sad to hear that ;(
I said on forum that they solved my transmission lag during June update. Opposite to you i really have huge lag before update but after new software was loaded my gearbox behaves much better.

I haven't noticed that icon on my display

Please update picture with it

Maybe because your software update was really behind on schedule. Understand? Because you updated in June update, several months from behind and you noticed the improvements, because in the last one year updates they improved a lot transmission issues. If you check the updates list from way behind in time, you'll see I'm correct.

Tresco85 by the other hand ✋ had the most recent software updated in his car. It wasn't so much behind. He had the major last updates in his car in terms of transmission optimisation. That is why he noticed nothing special in this last June update.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Jul 10th, 2021 at 19:00.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 18:47   #15
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Haven't overwritten/deactivated/deinstalled P* have they?
I think this is not possible to happen. If so It would be really ridiculous. A real crap. Makes no sense. So no... not possible.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 20:37   #16
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
I think this is not possible to happen. If so It would be really ridiculous. A real crap. Makes no sense. So no... not possible.
Nonsense - it's software so its entirely possible as you should know
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 22:15   #17
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Nonsense - it's software so its entirely possible as you should know
Yes but they wouldn't let that situation to occur just like that. That is why I say makes no sense.
Old Jul 10th, 2021, 22:46   #18
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
Yes but they wouldn't let that situation to occur just like that. That is why I say makes no sense.
No they shouldn't let that happen but it's software so it can happen all too easily - Volvo are not renowned for having the tightest dev or CM processes so it is indeed perfectly possible. in the world of software SNAFU is all too common
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 13:13   #19
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I have a vague recollection of someone on here having a software update at a service, but the service dept., neglecting the fact that he had Polestar, and so effectively overwriting the polestar upgrade.

Wouldn't swear my recollection was accurate, though, might not even be possible to do that. Not sure how you would check either.
Yes, it was me although it wasn't that they neglected to install the Polestar Optimisation after the update, my car is the Polestar Engineered model and after the original software update, it felt very different and much worse to drive. I took it back to the dealership, pointed out to the technician that it was a Polestar Engineered model, not an R-Design with Polestar optimisation to which they 'found' a further update to install onto my car.
The next day, following the new 'update', I received the car back thankfully feeling as it did originally with a note on the job card saying 'Polestar Engineered software installed' although there was no explanation as to what originally happened.
Make of that what you will but for me, its clear a different models software can be installed onto a car overwriting whatever was originally there and yes, it made a very noticeable difference.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 15:07   #20
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
Yes, it was me although it wasn't that they neglected to install the Polestar Optimisation after the update, my car is the Polestar Engineered model and after the original software update, it felt very different and much worse to drive. I took it back to the dealership, pointed out to the technician that it was a Polestar Engineered model, not an R-Design with Polestar optimisation to which they 'found' a further update to install onto my car.
The next day, following the new 'update', I received the car back thankfully feeling as it did originally with a note on the job card saying 'Polestar Engineered software installed' although there was no explanation as to what originally happened.
Make of that what you will but for me, its clear a different models software can be installed onto a car overwriting whatever was originally there and yes, it made a very noticeable difference.

Its impossible to put wrong software into a volvo , the software package is put together at volvo sweden when you order it to suit that particular model . Now there may have been an error written in one of the software packages , then the dealer connects the car to sweden for their engineers to alter and download the software manually .... that's very rare however ...

Tags
gearbox, lag, software, update