Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37391

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2021, 17:20   #131
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1878 View Post
Hi all. Update to say there’s no update really. It had been two weeks since we heard anything so emailed the dealer yesterday as I’m very keen to know if there’s any build update and if we’ll be getting the new 18.8kwh battery. Unfortunately no new info. I’m keen to know as the larger battery is preferable and have seen some orders getting it. Also, do I need to cancel and re-order and what will be involved in doing that. Will post if I get any updates 😊
Yes you will need to cancel and re-order. Dependent on when you ordered, the deal you agreed to vs the deal on a new model may be entirely different so I would ask the dealer. There has also been at least 2 price increases that I'm aware of in the last 3 months and a lot of dealer support disappeared in September.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griffin447 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 17:49   #132
theronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1878 View Post
Hi all. Update to say there’s no update really. It had been two weeks since we heard anything so emailed the dealer yesterday as I’m very keen to know if there’s any build update and if we’ll be getting the new 18.8kwh battery. Unfortunately no new info. I’m keen to know as the larger battery is preferable and have seen some orders getting it. Also, do I need to cancel and re-order and what will be involved in doing that. Will post if I get any updates 😊
I cancelled my order and tried to place a new order but the increased cost made it more than I wanted to spend on a Volvo. I'm now waiting on a factory ordered jaguar i-pace HSE which with discounts and 0% was cheaper per month than the XC60 polestar engineered.
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theronin For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 07:46   #133
Devac

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert912 View Post
I ordered a new XC60 R-Design via a leasing company at the end of June.

It was an existing dealer order that was then modified to our spec. Delivery date around the end of August. At the end of July, they advised it would arrive sometime in September. Now just revised to the end of October...

We are coping quite well with one car but still keen to step into our new motor. This will be our second XC60. We loved our first one (I know the new google system will be an adjustment but we are fine with that)

Is anyone else waiting on an XC60 or has recently stepped into a new XC60. If so, how was the wait?
XC60 ordered 30/06/21. Delivery given 27/09/21 came and went. Still no sign of new car. Dealer updates really poor!
Devac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 07:59   #134
Devac

Question Delivery delays

XC60 mild hybrid ordered 30/06/21 estimated delivery 27/09/21, didn't happen. Still waiting. Zero updates from dealer. Would like to go to Belgium to collect it from the factory. Does anyone of this is possible?
Devac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 12:54   #135
xtratime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devac View Post
XC60 mild hybrid ordered 30/06/21 estimated delivery 27/09/21, didn't happen. Still waiting. Zero updates from dealer. Would like to go to Belgium to collect it from the factory. Does anyone of this is possible?
Very similar timing to yourself. End September moved week by week in October. Dealer is trying but information from Volvo keeps moving. Latest info is delivery to dealer on 30th. I think it comes direct from Sweden.
xtratime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 17:15   #136
griffin447

Mild hybrids all made in Sweden. Recharge models made in China.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 17:16   #137
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Mild hybrids all made in Sweden. Recharge models made in China.
Apart from XC60 T8 PE which is made in Sweden....

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 19:54   #138
tronicx83

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Apart from XC60 T8 PE which is made in Sweden....
Whereabouts are the XC90 T8 built? I was led to think China..
tronicx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 20:14   #139
MG14

Default Collected!

Picked mine up today; ordered mid-June. Everything as expected, including adaptive cruise and 360 camera. Love the camera, it makes parking between the white lines so much easier. Google maps is great and intuitive.

The only bit lacking is Apple CarPlay. I can live without that as Bluetooth gives all of my playlists any way, but it should be coming with a software update soon, I understand. I can also access radio apps, giving internet radio.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 20:47   #140
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
Picked mine up today; ordered mid-June. Everything as expected, including adaptive cruise and 360 camera. Love the camera, it makes parking between the white lines so much easier. Google maps is great and intuitive.

The only bit lacking is Apple CarPlay. I can live without that as Bluetooth gives all of my playlists any way, but it should be coming with a software update soon, I understand. I can also access radio apps, giving internet radio.
Congratulations! When did yours arrive at port do you know? Mine has been at port since Friday so I’m in the hands of the driver now…