Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1996 945 Sports Edition

Views : 5273

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2010, 11:47   #1
440-Turbo
Master Member

Default 1996 945 Sports Edition

I would like to sell my 1996 940 Estate Metallic Black 2.3 manual Sports Edition estate on to an enthusiast who has the time and patience to make it into the car it deserves to be.

I bought the car for £2300 in November 2009 with the intentions of it being a family car forever. I had great plans to make it pristine and modify it.

It had been my dream car for as long as I can remember but it turned out to be quite a disappointment. I never really attached to the car and just tolerated it. I now have a V70 R AWD Auto that I am converting to manual, a V70 R AWD Auto LHD that is being used as our family car and a Renaultsport Clio 172 as our fun 2nd car. I only have space for 2 cars.

The car has several issues, it is dirty inside from 10 months of neglect. It has on oil leak which I believe is related to a stalling issue. The engine warning light is on. There are two small dents on the passenger side at the rear. The headlight wipers have been removed and the passenger side rear light is faded and chipped. The diff occasionally whines.

I believe the oil leaks is related to the PCV/flametrap which would hopefully also cure the stalling issues. The engine warning light came on after I removed most of the intake system and cleaned out all the hoses, which has improved the stalling issues. I have Volvo axle oil, plug and washer for the diff and a gasket for the throttle body.

Other spares included are

Black leather door cards in near immaculate condition
Genuine Volvo detatchable tow bar
Wing mirror
Rear light cluster
Air filter
Spark plug leads
Genuine Volvo diff oil, plug and washer

I believe I can make approx £1000 breaking the car quite easily. There is also tax until the end of June 2011 which is worth £150. It has MOT to November 2010 and has covered 160k miles.

In light of this I value the car at £895 in it's current condition including the tax. This does not include any wheels as the car is currently fitted with Polaris alloys, which I value at £600. If you want the car with the wheels the price is £1450. I am not accepting offers on these prices. That is the price.

If the car has not sold by end of September I will cash the tax in and start accepting requests for spare parts.

Pictures of the car will follow later today once they are uploaded to PhotoBucket.

If you have ANY comments relating to this car, it's value or the parts included then send me a private message. Do NOT post here. If you are genuinely interested in this car and have any sensible questions then please do post here.

Car is located near Aberdeen.
440-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 16:20   #2
440-Turbo
Master Member

This is the worst door card

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:54   #3
440-Turbo
Master Member

Bumpity!
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 22:00   #4
Anadinolin
VOC Member

this is a car i would like to get my grubby little mitts on if i ever had the money, good luck selling it
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 11:10   #5
440-Turbo
Master Member

Tax will be getting cashed in within the next few days.

It won't be broke straight away, I'll hopefully repair it over the winter months and put it back up for sale next year. If it's going to be uneconomical to repair it may be broke.

If I can't find the enthusiasm I may just take the special bits off and send to auction.

Alternatively, I would sell it for less without the spares and tax, if anybody were interested but could not afford or justify the price.
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 15:04   #6
Anadinolin
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440-Turbo View Post
Tax will be getting cashed in within the next few days.

It won't be broke straight away, I'll hopefully repair it over the winter months and put it back up for sale next year. If it's going to be uneconomical to repair it may be broke.

If I can't find the enthusiasm I may just take the special bits off and send to auction.

Alternatively, I would sell it for less without the spares and tax, if anybody were interested but could not afford or justify the price.
unfortunatly i have only got an estimated £100 spare in the piggy bank damn apprenticeship wages and long journeys! hopefully it will be easy to fix and get back on the road to a loving family/owner as intended!

Last edited by Anadinolin; Sep 27th, 2010 at 15:07.
Anadinolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 19:15   #7
440-Turbo
Master Member

Tax sent back - price is now £700

With the Polaris £1300
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 08:57   #8
440-Turbo
Master Member

Now breaking.

At the moment, the Polaris are not for sale so don't ask.
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 10:26   #9
matbat

Shame you didn't get a buyer.

If you are now breaking the car is the turbocharger in good condition, and for sale?

If so how much are you after?

Cheers,
Mat
matbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 10:29   #10
440-Turbo
Master Member

Hi Mat

Yes the turbo is perfect, I can't remember the exact mileage but it has done approx. 45k miles. The previous owner fitted it. (Chesh740R on here)

I'd like £65 posted for it.

If you are in an urgent rush for it, you may be better to search elsewhere as I won't be able to get it off until the car is in it's final resting place and I am unsure when that may be.