Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 for sale spares/repair...

Views : 4489

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2010, 16:07   #1
v90will

Default V90 for sale spares/repair...

Hiya everyone, following on from thispost my father has decided to sell his Volvo V90. Time constraints meant we never got it to another garage to have the suspension arm bushes looked at. It is now sitting on his driveway needing to go.

The full details are as follows..

1998 (R) Volvo V90 (Estate) 2.9 Petrol SE
MANUAL
164,000 miles.
1 previous owner who my father was friends with so full history of car is known since original purchase.

A/C,
PAS,
ABS,
Full grey leather interior with the two fold up rear seats in cloth,
CD/Tape player,
Electric Windows/Mirrors,
Alloys,
Colour coded roof rails.

The vehicle failed it's MOT on the suspension arm bushes having excessive movement and my father was quoted around £2k to fix it. Since then the tax disc has also expired. As he has a company car he has now been driving that and this has never been sorted.

Everything is good on the vehicle apart from the front drivers side door handle where the return spring has broken. The handle still opens the door but it doesn't flick back in once you have pulled the handle.

The vehicle is being sold as spares or repair and will need to be trailered away as it has no MOT. It still runs and drives fine however.

Offers in the region on £750-900 please.

Full set of pictures available at http://www.myp38.com/volvo

Last edited by v90will; Jul 24th, 2010 at 16:18. Reason: Addition of picture link
v90will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 21:45   #2
skye740
VOC Member

Unhappy

2k to repair Sussy Bushes OMG im in the wrong profession. (Dick Turpin didnt even get a lookin for that) No way are they that expensive to repair..................................
VOC 23035
skye740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 14:35   #3
stevesvolvo

I had a similar problem on a 960. It failed its MOT on rear suspension bushes. It wasn't so much getting a quote - i went to 3 garages and they all were reluctant to do it. The cost of bushes was minimal but with labour it was over £1100 quoted. Ended up breaking car.
Its a shame cos it was as nice as this one sounds but unless you are handy with fixing yourself you are at the mercy of the garages.
stevesvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 04:43   #4
Easy Rhino

So sorry to see that nice car go to the breakers.

Any chance of a grey center console top/cup holder assembly that is not knackered? Although shipping would be a bear for me, I'm willing to go the distance for a nice replacement part for my otherwise perfect V90.
Easy Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 09:22   #5
RAW
VOC Member

looks too good to break, but seeing as it is, and your nearby, can i have the seats, and maybe door cards? name your price.

Richard

edit, your selling as spares, not breaking. damn. sorry
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 20:00   #6
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

dibs on the throttle body,,,if it breaks,
martybelfastt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 02:44   #7
v90will

hmmm, the V90 is still on the drive with no sign of it going anywhere at the moment.

My father really needs it shifting sooner rather than later so he is now asking £550 for the vehicle as it is.

He is open to offers so please PM me and let me know and I will pass anything on.

If this doesn't get it shifted the car will probably be broken, interior first and then whatever else anyone wants and the rest then scrapped.

Thanks
-Will

Last edited by v90will; Aug 30th, 2010 at 02:53.
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 16:16   #8
GEORDIE62

Default Rear child seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by v90will View Post
hiya everyone, following on from thispost my father has decided to sell his volvo v90. Time constraints meant we never got it to another garage to have the suspension arm bushes looked at. It is now sitting on his driveway needing to go.

The full details are as follows..

1998 (r) volvo v90 (estate) 2.9 petrol se
manual
164,000 miles.
1 previous owner who my father was friends with so full history of car is known since original purchase.

A/c,
pas,
abs,
full grey leather interior with the two fold up rear seats in cloth,
cd/tape player,
electric windows/mirrors,
alloys,
colour coded roof rails.

The vehicle failed it's mot on the suspension arm bushes having excessive movement and my father was quoted around £2k to fix it. Since then the tax disc has also expired. As he has a company car he has now been driving that and this has never been sorted.

Everything is good on the vehicle apart from the front drivers side door handle where the return spring has broken. The handle still opens the door but it doesn't flick back in once you have pulled the handle.

The vehicle is being sold as spares or repair and will need to be trailered away as it has no mot. it still runs and drives fine however.

offers in the region on £750-900 please.

Full set of pictures available at http://www.myp38.com/volvo
dear sir.
Would you consider selling the rear child car seats on their own, and if so how much would you want for them
kind regards
alan boyle
PS I would buy the whole car but but my budget won't stretch that far sorry

Last edited by GEORDIE62; Aug 30th, 2010 at 16:22. Reason: ADDITIONAL DETAILS
GEORDIE62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 20:38   #9
RAW
VOC Member

if it does go to be broken, then can i still have first dibs on the seats ( at a reasnable price)?

Richard
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 03:27   #10
v90will

Just to keep the thread updated - if I end up breaking the car I will try and be as fair as possible and offer any requested parts in this thread to the first person that requested them.

-Will