Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

flat battery gave me thest faults

Views : 1043

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 17:00   #1
flatcap

Default flat battery gave me thest faults

Help My batrey went flat now the entire control panel below the stereo no longer has power. This is the panel with controls for the climate control, fan control, demister and all the way down to the lights on the gear shift. However, there is still power to the lighter.
and the internal lights and sunroof dont work.

any help welcome
flatcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 17:05   #2
JIM C
Forum Support Team

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Hope you find a solution to your technical problem here.
Old Dec 1st, 2007, 17:29   #3
Mister T

If the SRS light is NOT ON first check the fuse for the climate control if it is OK then disconnect both battery cables and join them together for 5-10 seconds , failing this and the SRS light is on then you will need a trip to the dealer and have them attempt a CCM reload .
They will have a Tech note regarding this procedure , should it fail to revive it then the module will have to be replaced , as for the sunroof lock and unlock with the key a few times this will reinitialize the UEM .
Mister T.

Last edited by Mister T; Dec 1st, 2007 at 17:32.
Mister T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister T For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2007, 16:58   #4
shok

Cool

i take it the light in the gear selector has also gone blank, i got a similar problem but i managed to get the error code from a local garage and not a stealer and the error code was '1a55' but they couldnt fix it so i spoke to the dealer stealer advised them of the code and they said 95+vat to plug their computer to the car and then possibly another 3-4 hours @ approximately £60+ to locate exact fault but not to fix it. their charges are proposterous. i tried another dealer 2-3 times and they didnt even bother responding to my email. if i were check all you can i.e. fuses etc yourself, let us all know how you get along mate
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shok For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 09:47   #5
flatcap

Default still ongoing

I took it to a inderpendant
the ccm is so dead it would not talk to the computer,
I got a second hand unit stiped it down replased all the blown bulbs and the temp senser in the orignal one and pluged it back in
Now the ccm works and my gear shifter lights work but i still have a airbag light on so will have to go back to the garague to have this reset

I still have no interiar lights or sunroof ill keep you informed
flatcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 20:06   #6
matthew2904
v70 170 ocean race

Default hi all

same problem flat btry now mine is not working surley these cars can not be so crap i am beging to regret going volvo
matthew2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:07   #7
Bernard333
Premier Member

I feel the same frustration sometimes , to me it looks like a lot of the electronics and software is there to keep me from diy but I am determined to learn it , reading about home repairs like this does give me hope. I have had 126k miles out of my V70 D5 at a total spare parts cost of about £600 plus 2 main dealer services and two at an indi so overall even though I am a victor meldrew about the car I cant really complain . The alternative for me was an E200 but I wonder if a Merc would have cost more for parts over the same mileage ? and I didnt want the negative road attitude other drivers have about mercs and which I never seem to have with the Volvo .
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 14:31   #8
dave1965

Hi me too, .. lots of argy bargy over this one.Indy did not have a clue, several visits, down loads,milked me real good.
I manage to discover that this part does not need any kind of download to work in the car, much to my suprise! I manage to get a replacment from a very helpful online parts service.
The problem i had was that when i fitted it i discovered it came from av70,not,s60...........! What i did was stripdown both units, they had the same circuit board, not easy to do ,but i swapped them over, you got to be careful with the temp probe.
Re fitted, bingo. works great,still does to this day. It took a few days to sort it self out .i.e hot /cold..Indy refused to believe it was poss!! looking for new indy.lol.....So it is possible...
dave1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:03   #9
flint

Oh Dear,
I have an manual 2002 S60 D5 and may have just caused a self inflicted injury.
Work abroad so put car in garage and disconnected battery as going to be away for a month. I hope I dont get this problem when I re-connect in four weeks time!
flint is offline   Reply With Quote