Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone have a response from Volvo UK Customer Relations?

Views : 2793

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 08:39   #1
Thrustyjust

Default Anyone have a response from Volvo UK Customer Relations?

Voiced to the dealer I bought the car from of my disappointment on the way he ignores me and the issues on the car. Advised I would speak to Volvo Uk, which I got no response from him either. Just wondering if he isnt bothered by this or that they will do anything to resolve the issues. Anyone had a sensible response from Volvo ? I am on day 2 of the 3 day advise that they 'will' respond.
Cheers
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 10:00   #2
Beavis
Premier Member

when i made a complaint to the Chief Exec over the ICM failure in my 4 yr old XC90, i emailed the CEO, and got a really swift reply (within a few hours) from:

Kelly, Jane (J. E.) <JKELLY91@volvocars.com>
Senior Consultant / Customer Relations
Volvo Car UK Limited

initially suggested dealer diagnostics which i did and identified dodgy ICM, then offered £400 vouchers as goodwill. turned out i managed to fix it with a £20 fibre optic cable and replacement sub from ebay.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 12:21   #3
Thrustyjust

Just got a reply , to say the dealer will respond back to me............ Not what I wanted, as i dont trust them. Great............
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 12:32   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustyjust View Post
Just got a reply , to say the dealer will respond back to me............ Not what I wanted, as i dont trust them. Great............
Get used to it, that is their standard response now
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 12:54   #5
Powerforge

Ah, customer service is alive and well at least ... Just seems he don't give a toss lol

"Olaf" - 1999 V40 T4 in Pearl Black - Standard at the mo

==========================================
Powerforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 13:20   #6
Thrustyjust

Marvellous, sounds infinitely promising of a hiding to nowhere then.......... After at least a half dozen of non responding emails, not sure how that is now going to change. Personally I would let them do the tracking on my wheelbarrow. Ironically, I used this dealer, as the one nearer to home was even more dire............
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 20:37   #7
Thrustyjust

I guess this is the normal drivel everyone gets then............

Thank you for your email in respect of your experience with (monkey cars). We are always concerned to hear that a customer is unhappy with a Volvo dealership and how they feel that they have been treated.

Whilst the authorised Volvo dealer network represent the Volvo marque, they do remain as independent businesses within their own right. As such they are responsible for addressing any concerns relating to the advices, service or workmanship they have provided, directly with the customer in question. I can assure you we consistently monitor the performance of the dealer network and if there are any concerns with a specific dealership these will be addressed internally.

We have therefore forwarded your correspondence directly to (monkey cars) so that your concerns can be investigated further, and we understand that the dealership will contact you directly in due course.

I am sorry that we are unable to assist you, however I am confident that (monkey cars) will be able to address your concerns and restore your faith in their dealership (names deleted mainly not to give them free advertising !)

Um, sorry, beyond faith...........
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 09:15   #8
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Some companies just don't get what people want in terms of service. It is not actually that difficult, just treat a customer how you would want to be treated. Answer questions quickly and accurately, be polite, not tricky really. When the dealer fails on this front, and they seem to quite often, then Volvo should step in and answer for them. They don't seem to realise that the brand is damaged by a poor dealer and independent or not they also get tarnished. Poor.
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 12:33   #9
Thrustyjust

I have a result !!
Faults with car
1/ front wheel refinished 3 times and still needs doing properly
2/ rear discs under minimum level at point of purchase and advisory on MOT
3/ Clips holding trim on missing
4/ trim in boot unclipped and oily handprints on roof lining when refitted left
5/ touch up paint still not given
6/ inability to organise repairs
7/ no response to emails

And the email from the dealer says

'I will give you a £50 voucher towards your next service visit'

Oh, how I laughed.................
Old Sep 4th, 2014, 13:10   #10
Beavis
Premier Member

who was the offer from? The sales manager, or the salesman?
might be worth trying to find out who the dealer principle is and get hold of them directly and air your concerns with them.

noticed you are only down the road from me in Thatcham - if/when you need a good garage MRG is only down the road in Chippenham or my local Indy is Cadley Garage in Marlborough which I've used since 2005.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote