Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Oil level too high - sold the car!

Views : 9295

Replies : 76

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2022, 11:53   #71
Vandec2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat002 View Post
Hi Vandec2,
The OBDLink MX+ does read the DPF soot % but it’s the car that controls the DPF regeneration. I use the OBDLink to inform me of what state of the regen progress is and when regen is complete. I don’t think I can use it to force a regen but I may be wrong, I haven’t needed to do this so have never investigated it. If you look at the screenshots in my earlier post you can see what sensors are available. This is what Volvo allow to be read from the ELM327 not what the ODBLink could read.
Re the Icarsoft scanner, their website provides a warranty. I’d be amazed if after paying £126 it won’t read the ELM327. Have you tried to contact them for advice?
Hi lat002

Thank you for your prompt reply and explanation. Yes, I bugged this with my Icarsoft supplier last week and received this reply:

"Good afternoon
Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately, the only tool that would cover DPF on this age vehicle will be the Volvo produced diagnostic equipment, this will not currently be supported by aftermarket tooling.

Apologies for any inconvenience

Kind Regards

Adam
Sales Department
UK Parts Direct "

With hindsight, I should have asked them specifically before purchase - hey ho!

The soot reading % info would be extremely useful, so it looks like I'll have to purchase the same kit as yourself

Many thanks.
Vandec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 12:22   #72
lat002
Les

Default Online Purchases. IcarSoft Scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandec2 View Post
Hi lat002

Thank you for your prompt reply and explanation. Yes, I bugged this with my Icarsoft supplier last week and received this reply:

"Good afternoon
Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately, the only tool that would cover DPF on this age vehicle will be the Volvo produced diagnostic equipment, this will not currently be supported by aftermarket tooling.

Apologies for any inconvenience

Kind Regards

Adam
Sales Department
UK Parts Direct "

With hindsight, I should have asked them specifically before purchase - hey ho!

The soot reading % info would be extremely useful, so it looks like I'll have to purchase the same kit as yourself

Many thanks.
Clearly what you have been told by Icarsoft is wrong I know my car is the V60 and your is the S90 but they're both SPA cars. After all, if the OBDLink MX+ can read the DPF sensor (on my car), then the issue is with the Icarsoft equipment. That's surely justification for a full refund? Check out you rights for buying online. Check out this link:
https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/onlin...rotection.html
In particular I notice this: (You have) " a 14-day cooling off period for most purchases and 30-day refunds on physical products"
Also as the Icarsoft equipment is not reading the ELM327 connector properly you are entitled to a refund as it is also "not fit for purpose".
Pursue a refund
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 12:25   #73
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

DPF aside what was your opinion on the iCar unit regarding other functionality, does it wind the brakes in and out, read codes properly etc?
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 12:49   #74
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat002 View Post
I guess you mean this?

https://www.ukpartsdirect.com/icarso...uk-outlet.html

They sound fantastic but I'd already bought my OBDLink MX+ before I saw the iCarSoft website. I first heard about them on this Volvo forum (search iCarSoft and you'll get loads of hits).

Just a note of caution, the iCarSoft website includes this statement under 'Key Features' for this reader "** where supported - certain Service Functions may not be supported due to requiring Special Main Dealer access or protected by Manufacturer Copyright. In addition, the introduction of OTA (Over the Air Diagnostics) for newer vehicles means only the Main Dealer can carry out these functions over the Cloud (or Main Dealer supported Tools)."
Icarsoft Vol V2 is for older Volvo's, the Vol V3 is for spa models, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303909586186
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 13:48   #75
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Does the CRMax one do SPA?
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 14:12   #76
lat002
Les

Default Icarsoft scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Icarsoft Vol V2 is for older Volvo's, the Vol V3 is for spa models, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303909586186
That’s good information nu11eaf, thanks.
I wonder why Icarsoft Sales didn’t mention the Icarsoft Vol V3 version to Vandec2?
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 12:51   #77
neilgorin

Wind the brakes in and out?
neilgorin is offline   Reply With Quote