Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The engine just sounds bad...(video for reference)

Views : 680

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 28th, 2017, 06:12   #1
Lxo

Exclamation The engine just sounds bad...(video for reference)

My dad bought my mom a 2005 XC90 2.5T just over a year ago with 93K miles for $8500. It Had a bunch of problems to start with several months ago (Stalled and misfiring and felt like slipping gears. Surging when idling and Also the air and gasoline mixture wasn't working properly but was fixed) it was also drinking oil!
He then gets the anti skid needs service light. This was intermittent about 50-50% on and off. His local mechanic (not Volvo dealer) saw a bunch of faults and put it down to a new battery. He still had the warning and he said he did not have the high tech stuff to diagnose go to Volvo Service which he did. They said it was the Contact Reel so he agreed to the fix at $734.03. The light came on again the next day so took it back and now they tell him the BCM needs replacing for around $1,500. They said there was a code indicating a BCM fault when He first brought it in but they thought the Contact Reel fix would clear it. There was also a PCV System Clogged cost $766 and Turbo Hose Oiled $202 estimated. This one visit had a total potential fix price of $734+$968 (PCV) +$1,500 (BCM)
It was driving better but today it started surging while driving after going down a hill and the car was jerking forwards and back and felt like something was slipping. I posted a video so you can hear the sounds it's making. It still is drinking oil we think.
I really hope somebody will have some guidance on what to do next... my dad is at his wits end with this car! Thank you so much..

Here is the video: turn it up to hear the different noises it makes..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzhkhvl1d6...%20PM.mov?dl=0
Lxo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, oil, pcv, surging, xc90