Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

Views : 11060

Replies : 138

Users Viewing This Thread : Peter Munson, vonRypp

Old Apr 19th, 2024, 17:00   #131
AndyMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
XC60?

So seems that cars bulit in Sweden being delivered sooner than Chinese made ones. Not surprising I suppose but still left wondering how the decision is made as whether production is in Sweden or China.

(For those not following the whole thread, ijkgenesis and I ordered the same car on the same day but mine was produced just last week in China for a July delivery.)
I placed my order mid December and have been given a build date of next Tuesday (in Europe I was told) - dealer expects to have it early May.

That's an XC60 Ultra Dark (also told it will be a MY25 model)
AndyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 13:20   #132
Pauper

Default ?

Well, I'm still none the wiser .
On the plus side, I received my bi-weekly update from the fleet hire company today - still saying late May, so no further push back since the two additional weeks added four weeks ago now.

Fingers crossed the finish line is in sight given this started in July last year!
Pauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 09:07   #133
Esudix84

Default XC60 Delivery times

I wanted to check to see if anyone else who has ordered their new XC60 through a work salary sacrifice scheme has received a registration number. The one we have been given indicates that it has been registered in Nottingham as the memory tag on the number plate is FP. All we know is that it appears to have be in the UK potentially somewhere between Portbury Port in Bristol and an unknown Volvo dealership.

Our new car is a XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark in Onyx Black.
Esudix84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 15:23   #134
AndyMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esudix84 View Post
I wanted to check to see if anyone else who has ordered their new XC60 through a work salary sacrifice scheme has received a registration number. The one we have been given indicates that it has been registered in Nottingham as the memory tag on the number plate is FP. All we know is that it appears to have be in the UK potentially somewhere between Portbury Port in Bristol and an unknown Volvo dealership.

Our new car is a XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark in Onyx Black.
Mine is via Tusker on Salary Sacrifice and the dealership is in Doncaster (Riverside Volvo) - don't have a reg number as only due to be built tomorrow
AndyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 18:03   #135
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMc View Post
Mine is via Tusker on Salary Sacrifice and the dealership is in Doncaster (Riverside Volvo) - don't have a reg number as only due to be built tomorrow
The commercial sales team are very good at Riverside. My contact is Andrew Bond.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 18:05   #136
Pauper

Still none the wiser as to where it's come from, but despite the update yesterday saying it will be late May, I've now received an email today to say it with the dealer and will be delivered from the 30th onwards .

I'll check the country code on the vin when I've got my hands on it and update with the country of origin when known should it give others a pointer.

Excluding the weeks/months messing around with the fleet hire company, this will have taken 7 months - exactly as stated on the Volvo website when I first ordered it
Pauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:13   #137
regr

My XC60 has been sitting at Grimsby for over a month. Firstly Volvo UK cited a lack of transporters, then a software error for the delay. Due to collect from Holden Norwich tomorrow, although update from the dealer says they haven't received it yet. Another call to Volvo UK and they inform me that it's still in Grimsby. As I lease these through Volvo, I currently have no vehicle, although have paid out a lot of money already. Certainly not impressed, especially as customer service doesn't seem to care less.
regr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:28   #138
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

My EX30 was built on the 23rd of Feb in China. Dealer is expecting it on Monday. So that is almost exactly 2 months transit time.

I am not sure if all Volvos which are China built are in the same factory or whether they have multiple locations?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:58   #139
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I am not sure if all Volvos which are China built are in the same factory or whether they have multiple locations?
Multiple locations. The EX30 is built in Zhangjiakou which is about 300km from the coast. My XC60 was built in Chengdu which is about 2,000km from the coast(!) so will take longer to get onto a ship. I think the XC40 is built at a third location.

From 2025 the EX30 will also be built in Ghent.