Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D6 V60 Diesel Plug In Reviews

Views : 672

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2022, 18:45   #1
McLeansc

Default D6 V60 Diesel Plug In Reviews

Hello everyone, new to the forum and after some real life experience of people who own the D6 V60 (and hopefully tow with it as well).

With its 1.8T towing capacity it's perfect for my needs. I own a track car but only use it maybe 4-6 times per year. I currently own a Kia Sorento and although the size is great the fuel economy isn't. Or the tax. My work and shops etc are all within 10 miles of me so the big diesel isn't get the long journeys it needs (other than when towing the track car).

I like the idea of using just the battery for my short journeys then the engine for when towing the track car.

Now when towing the car will be at its max, I'm an experienced tower so comfortable with this but Im just wondering if anyone else has towed at its max and how the car liked it? I've also read the engine kicks in during very cold starts? I live in Scotland so the winters get pretty cold, could anyone shed some light on this as it would be counterproductive to what I plan on using it for.

Thanks in advance!
McLeansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 19:10   #2
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Let Marek help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jADbG2dHbwY
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 21:31   #3
McLeansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
Thanks man that was a helpful review. The 35km (21 miles) Marek got in full electric worried me. Let's say it's lost 20% of its range due to age that means realistically I'll only get 17 miles to a charge. Can anyone who owns one give me an insight into what they get?

Still interested in the opinion of anyone who has towed with it, the nearer to 1.8t the better. Thanks!
McLeansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 15:30   #4
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Practical Caravan V60 towing awards test 2013 is about stability and acceleration times as he's driving it. I found it before I bought mine, but don't tow. I recall he said it was really good on both counts.

You get selectable AWD as part of the package (you literally press a button to run engine and battery) and from experience it's great for full EV driving up to 22/23 miles in winter. If you press Pure when you put the key in, it occasionally just fires the engine up for 2 seconds before cutting back out, so you end up with ridiculously good economy on local trips. I find the car rides better the heavier it is.

Any specific questions not involving towing please ask!

Last edited by Ulrikas PA; Nov 10th, 2022 at 16:14.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 17:42   #5
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post

Any specific questions not involving towing please ask!

I was trying to remember last night who actually had one and there you are, glad you spotted the thread as you'll be his best chance at getting a true opinion.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote