Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 MY22 (Google) - adaptive cruise control ?

Views : 3112

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 13th, 2022, 17:08   #1
Zwerg

Default Xc60 MY22 (Google) - adaptive cruise control ?

I have a MY22 XC60 with the new Google Automotive interface.

I’m trying to find out how to enable Adaptive Cruise Control. I can see the setting on the centre screen to switch between Speed Limiter and Pilot Assist, but there is no mention of Adaptive Cruise Control.

Pilot Assist is all very well in slow traffic, but at higher speed I prefer to have the steering under my sole control without it “nudging’ all the time.

My previous car was a MY19 XC60, and I could use the left steering wheel keypad to select between Speed Limiter, ACC and Pilot Assist. On the new car, this doesn’t seem to work at all now. I hope it’s addressed via a software update soon, as frankly it feels like a big step back that I need to use the centre screen now.

In the meantime, can anyone shed any light on how I access the Adaptive Cruise Control please ?
Zwerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 19:50   #2
davetcan

I haven't tried mine yet, only had it a week, but according to this it sounds like initial activation is only on the center display. I wonder if voice control would work?

https://www.volvocars.com/mt/support...trol-functions

Last edited by davetcan; Mar 13th, 2022 at 20:11.
davetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 17:23   #3
Zwerg

I tried voice commands, but Google didn’t understand.

However I can now see that Adaptive Cruise control is accessed by selecting Pilot Assist in the centre screen, then setting “Steering Assist” to off. However, this is a massive faff compared to the way it used to work on Sensus, and is a distraction when driving. I don’t understand why the software designers thought it was a good idea to change it. Hopefully it will be updated in the future.
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 21:25   #4
MG14

I think there are mixed messages here. Adaptive cruise control is accessed by using the left hand steering wheel button.
Pilot assist is accessed via the central display. It is a bit fiddly but for the way I use it, it’s ok. I agree, it would be better using one of the steering wheel buttons.
Old Mar 17th, 2022, 17:29   #5
cvsmjd

Hi, just picked up my XC60 recharge 2022 extended range. Went on the motorway today to try out the cruise control but l couldn't activate adaptive cruise control? Does anyone know if this has been removed because of the chip shortage? Would be very unhappy with a car costing this much not having adaptive cruise control as standard.
cvsmjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 15:52   #6
Zwerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsmjd View Post
Hi, just picked up my XC60 recharge 2022 extended range. Went on the motorway today to try out the cruise control but l couldn't activate adaptive cruise control? Does anyone know if this has been removed because of the chip shortage? Would be very unhappy with a car costing this much not having adaptive cruise control as standard.
This is exactly the same thing I posted about. You need to go into the centre console settings, where you will see an option to switch between Speed Limiter and Pilot Assist. If you select Pilot Assist, there is another setting below it to select the assisted steering. If you disable that, you effectively have the adaptive cruise control, I.e. Pilot assist without the steering. But I hate that it’s no longer switchable via the left steering wheel keypad.
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 10:57   #7
Deryck
Deryck

Thumbs up XC60 2022 Recharge

Thanks, collect mine on Wednesday so that's good to know .
Deryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 12:40   #8
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwerg View Post
This is exactly the same thing I posted about. You need to go into the centre console settings, where you will see an option to switch between Speed Limiter and Pilot Assist. If you select Pilot Assist, there is another setting below it to select the assisted steering. If you disable that, you effectively have the adaptive cruise control, I.e. Pilot assist without the steering. But I hate that it’s no longer switchable via the left steering wheel keypad.
Hi,
I wrote to Volvo in Feb this year about this and they said they are currently reviewing the re introduction of having the steering wheel left control buttons having the cruise control toggle function again. Fingers crossed then!
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fibrous For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2022, 22:07   #9
cvsmjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwerg View Post
Phoned dealer today, apparently adaptive cruise control isn't standard, and is only available as part of pilot assist. Gutted! How can a car in 2022 priding itself on safety not have this feature as standard?
cvsmjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 07:18   #10
MG14

So you ordered the car without checking the full spec to ensure it came with what you needed? Wow.
The Following User Says Thank You to MG14 For This Useful Post: