Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear wheel wells

Views : 1111

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 24th, 2005, 09:05   #1
paul4be

Default Rear wheel wells

Hello all. I'm new to Volvo ownership, having purchased my first 240 yesterday (1984 240 GL). It needs some minor cosmetics (rear arches etc). It also needs repairs to both rear wheel wells. Before I start cutting out and making pieces, are reapir panels for the lower rear quarters available? If so, from where and how much?

I'm really pleased with the car, but want it looking right for next spring.

Thanks in advance, Paul.
paul4be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 09:41   #2
Patrick Garland
Patrick

Smile

Hi and welcome to Volvo ownership, a choice I am sure you will not regret. I am on my 5th 240 and will continue with them as long as I can. Unfortunately I have very little technical experience so don't know the answer to your question but I didn't want you to have no replies on your first go on the site !! However, I've found a few web sites that may be worth a look at to see if they answer your question. Try www.volvoclub.org.uk/BosDirectory also www.volvospares.uk.com who have an enquiry form and swedish-carparts.co.uk tel.01782-594411 or www.find-a-part.co.uk and finally there is an American site www.vlvworld.com which has a technical advice section. Hope these are of some assistance. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW VOLVO DRIVING YEAR.
Patrick Garland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 17:46   #3
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Wheel wells should still be available as a pattern part - suggest you try Brookhouse Volvo 01473218806. You could also try your Volvo dealer - panels are still available. If it is only the join between rear wing and wheel well I would suggest that it is easier and cheaper to cut out the rotten metal and let in fresh metal. The well itself is not an easy panel to totally replace so even if you use a new one I would suggest just using what is needed of it.

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 20:18   #4
paul4be

Thanks folks. One side I think is mainly the area around the seam between wing and well. The other side needs the rear part of the well as well (!!!). Was hoping that I could get a pattern well and cut out the piece I need to get the curve etc right.
paul4be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 20:38   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I usualy just fab from sheet metal. I'm sure the pattern parts are still available.

Dai
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote