Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37804

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2021, 13:55   #81
xtratime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatt View Post
It looks like the delivery date for mine hasn't slipped too much from the dealer's initial estimate of mid Oct (ordered at the start of May).

It's got a confirmed build slot and should be with the dealer between 17th and 22nd Oct. I've ordered a B4 R-Design Pro with adaptive cruise and 360 degree camera plus a couple of extras so fingers crossed it has them, especially adaptive cruise.
Looks like yours is in the same batch as mine with a build slot of 29th Sep and delivery that week also (B4D).
xtratime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 15:47   #82
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
The demand for paths on the China-Europe rail routes used by Volvo to ship cars from the Chinese plants to Belgium for the sea crossing to the UK has been difficult due to the switch onto rail as result of the disruption to sea trade, containers etc (suez canal for one as well as more access from other countries onto the transit route. (Hanoi vietnam now connected)
F
Transit times have increased so now much closer or longer than transit by sea. No idea what the by road means, maybe shipped to chinese port by road and to a different port than Belgium and then being trucked back to correct port for sea transfer to UK.

Whatever it is bound to take longer than the 22 days when the rail transit first started from Volvomplants.
It’s been 7 weeks since my car left Xian in China… Volvo definitely have some explaining to do. I can only presume they realised very late on that the cars weren’t going to make the delivery deadlines yet even today they still show my original delivery date. Very disappointing.

Last edited by griffin447; Sep 21st, 2021 at 15:55.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 21:58   #83
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

It is frustaring I know. I originally ordered an S90 (from China) back in May 2019 and had several delayed deleivery dates by July 2019, the last one being for January 2020 !!

I swapped out into an S60 ordered in Aug 19 and arrived 3oth Nov 2019 all the way from the US of A. (15 weeks or so)

Long delivery times and delays are not unknown in recent years with Volvo.

Has you dealer told you exactly what stage the delivery is at? They have a programme that they can review which gives them all sorts of detail. It used to be called VISTA but whether it still is I don't know.
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 23:19   #84
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
It is frustaring I know. I originally ordered an S90 (from China) back in May 2019 and had several delayed deleivery dates by July 2019, the last one being for January 2020 !!

I swapped out into an S60 ordered in Aug 19 and arrived 3oth Nov 2019 all the way from the US of A. (15 weeks or so)

Long delivery times and delays are not unknown in recent years with Volvo.

Has you dealer told you exactly what stage the delivery is at? They have a programme that they can review which gives them all sorts of detail. It used to be called VISTA but whether it still is I don't know.
Frustrating is one word for it!

Car has been built since end of July and last known scan was at end of august in Poland. Must be a pretty slow ship…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 17:26   #85
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Frustrating is one word for it!

Car has been built since end of July and last known scan was at end of august in Poland. Must be a pretty slow ship…
The ship route may be quite complex. For example, my car from the US actually took the Northern route over the top of the UK to get to Europe, called into Bremerhaven (beemerhaven as it is known due to BMW) before finally making its way to Zeebrugge. It was in BH for 4 days unloading and loading.
Then if the car has to be shipped off and then shipped back onto another ship (almost certainly the case at least once) then it could be a week between ship off and on for example. If the shipping company haven't booked the car at various points in the journey it may be somewhere other than Poland.

These were some of the reasons why Volvo were an early adopter of the fixed rail route from China to Bruges/Zeebrugge. 22 days factory to port with no transhipping. see vid of first train back then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnGOwmbvDs

The rail route does go through Poland but if it is actually on rail it seems unlikely the wagon with your car has got stuck in a goods siding somewhere in Poland. Unless a fault on that wagon led to it being taken out of the train for repair.

Why do I have any idea about all this stuff? My experiences in 2019. It will arrive and you will enjoy it all the more when it does; at least Ihave mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 24th, 2021, 09:42   #86
flacau

Hello guys

Wanted to let you know how my order for XC60 Inscription T8 2022 is going.

The order was placed in Romania, in March '21 with delivery in end July '21.
I was told that the production for the '22 model starts in May.

In May the dealer contacted me about the bliss and 360 problem, letting me know that the options will not be available, my decision was to wait until the options will be available.

In June the car got a confirmation delivery date for end of November with bliss and 360 accepted.

Yesterday, with only one month before scheduled delivery, got a call from the dealer telling me that the ventilated seats are no longer available .... and if i don't switch to normal seats, the order will be deleted and I have been waiting for nothing if I insist on this option....

just wanted to let you know
flacau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flacau For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 24th, 2021, 20:51   #87
Maccaboy10

That’s not good at all, very sorry to hear it
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 01:04   #88
Ian.7878

Well AS people have been saying! my build date has slipped, should have been built this week but had a call from the dealers on Monday saying looking like new windows are Build W/C 4th Oct, Del W/C 11th, Hoping pickup W/C 18th.
Let hope these dates are confirmed!

Does anyone know how the cars are shipped from the Sweden Factory to the UK? is it via Brugge and then the UK or Direct?

Cheers
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 08:50   #89
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

I cant confirm whether tis still the same but it used to be by DFDS from Gothenburg to either Immingham or Tilbury.

Looking at the dates you have been given I would say it is still direct.to UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 12:43   #90
xtratime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
Well AS people have been saying! my build date has slipped, should have been built this week but had a call from the dealers on Monday saying looking like new windows are Build W/C 4th Oct, Del W/C 11th, Hoping pickup W/C 18th.
Let hope these dates are confirmed!

Does anyone know how the cars are shipped from the Sweden Factory to the UK? is it via Brugge and then the UK or Direct?

Cheers
I am due a build date of early next week with a delivery also W/C 11th with available pickup on W/C 18th. it also should have been built but slipped a week ago to next week. Hopefully things are still on track. I'm guessing they only ship once a week?
xtratime is offline   Reply With Quote