Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

UK tuning days

Views : 1145

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2009, 22:11   #1
charlesboya
charlesboya

Default UK tuning days

Hi everyone,

I am writing to inform you of a planned UK Tuning day where Volvo enthusiasts wishing to upgrade their Volvo’s can benefit from Swedish expertise over here in the UK, at competitive prices.

The first such a day will be in London and prices start at £279 for the M4.3 with an additional £10 discount to be applied if you are a Volvo Club member. A stock 850 T5 will go from 225bhp to 255 bhp purely on the software upgrade.

All tuning will be carried as a joint session by TME and WOTH R line. Both companies will be present on the tuning day and all tuning activities will be the sole responsibility of these companies involved.

Upgrades will be carried out using flash technology either via the ECU or directly from inside the car. No soldering or opening up of the ECU will take place.

For further information on power increases, please visit the WOTH R Line website (below). Select the 'Latest Updates' button and then choose the petrol or diesel portal. The website will also give you a lot of background information on our philosophy and honest approach. We are not interested in hype. What you see is what you get, with the bonus of having bags more fun added to your driving pleasure.

The web address is: www.wothrline.com/main.htm

UK Prices
Standard SW upgrades:
Bosch M4.3 – £279
Bosch M4.4 – £279
Bosch ME7 – £389
Bosch ME9 – £389
Diesel
Bosch EDC15 - £329
Bosch EDC16 - £389
Denso 140bhp-170bhp - £329

Custom made SW tuning upgrades (case to case basis):
Bosch M4.3 – £419
Bosch M4.4 – £419
Bosch ME7 – £599
Bosch ME9 – £599

A deposit (NON-REFUNDABLE) EQUAL TO 25% must be paid with every place booked at the tuning day, payable ten days before the actual date of tuning. To proceed with this programme, we will need a minimum of ten confirmed ehtusiasts. The tuning date will be confirmed once we have the required number of people.

We also recommend that all cars be zero tuned prior to upgrading. A Volvo enthusiast and user of this forum is ‘Mastermechanic’ Gary. If you are interested in getting your car zero tuned give him a call on 07876 695537.

I have been a member of the VOC for 7 years and am involved in this programme purely as a result of my love of Volvo's.

I had my 97 V70 T5 Auto tuned back in 2006 and added a TME exhaust. Using the words of those who have driven my car, 'she drives like a dream' and 'has virtually no turbo lag'. It is also slightly more ecenomical to run.

If you live in London and would like to meet and feel the drive, pm me and I will arrange to meet you.

I would like to point out I am not a techie and my expertise is not performance car tuning or computers. However, performance tuning is the expertise of the joint Swedish team from Woth R and TME who are Volvo experts THROUGH AND THROUGH. Visit the website and you will get a good idea of what it says on the tin.

Happy Volvoing !!

Charles Boyadjian

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Aug 19th, 2009 at 22:35. Reason: fix link
charlesboya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 14:54   #2
pigfight

Default UK tuning days

hi charles,
is there any plans to venture further north with this service?
(im located in stoke-on-trent)
cheers,
david.
pigfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 20:27   #3
charlesboya
charlesboya

Default UK tuning days

Hi David,

At the moment we have not planned a day in the north, however it may happen depending on numbers I guess.

I was wondering if you visited the Woth R website and what your thoughts might be on the information available there.

Thanks for your question,
Charles
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 22:22   #4
RSF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesboya View Post
Hi everyone,

I am writing to inform you of a planned UK Tuning day where Volvo enthusiasts wishing to upgrade their Volvo’s can benefit from Swedish expertise over here in the UK, at competitive prices.

The first such a day will be in London and prices start at £279 for the M4.3 with an additional £10 discount to be applied if you are a Volvo Club member. A stock 850 T5 will go from 225bhp to 255 bhp purely on the software upgrade.

All tuning will be carried as a joint session by TME and WOTH R line. Both companies will be present on the tuning day and all tuning activities will be the sole responsibility of these companies involved.

Upgrades will be carried out using flash technology either via the ECU or directly from inside the car. No soldering or opening up of the ECU will take place.

For further information on power increases, please visit the WOTH R Line website (below). Select the 'Latest Updates' button and then choose the petrol or diesel portal. The website will also give you a lot of background information on our philosophy and honest approach. We are not interested in hype. What you see is what you get, with the bonus of having bags more fun added to your driving pleasure.

The web address is: www.wothrline.com/main.htm

UK Prices
Standard SW upgrades:
Bosch M4.3 – £279
Bosch M4.4 – £279
Bosch ME7 – £389
Bosch ME9 – £389
Diesel
Bosch EDC15 - £329
Bosch EDC16 - £389
Denso 140bhp-170bhp - £329

Custom made SW tuning upgrades (case to case basis):
Bosch M4.3 – £419
Bosch M4.4 – £419
Bosch ME7 – £599
Bosch ME9 – £599

A deposit (NON-REFUNDABLE) EQUAL TO 25% must be paid with every place booked at the tuning day, payable ten days before the actual date of tuning. To proceed with this programme, we will need a minimum of ten confirmed ehtusiasts. The tuning date will be confirmed once we have the required number of people.

We also recommend that all cars be zero tuned prior to upgrading. A Volvo enthusiast and user of this forum is ‘Mastermechanic’ Gary. If you are interested in getting your car zero tuned give him a call on 07876 695537.

I have been a member of the VOC for 7 years and am involved in this programme purely as a result of my love of Volvo's.

I had my 97 V70 T5 Auto tuned back in 2006 and added a TME exhaust. Using the words of those who have driven my car, 'she drives like a dream' and 'has virtually no turbo lag'. It is also slightly more ecenomical to run.

If you live in London and would like to meet and feel the drive, pm me and I will arrange to meet you.

I would like to point out I am not a techie and my expertise is not performance car tuning or computers. However, performance tuning is the expertise of the joint Swedish team from Woth R and TME who are Volvo experts THROUGH AND THROUGH. Visit the website and you will get a good idea of what it says on the tin.

Happy Volvoing !!

Charles Boyadjian

300 quid for a 20-30 bhp increase?
surely a diy ebay K&N fake wiht MBC will pull that minimum and for under 50 quid.
I know I get more then 255bhp out my t5 with a bleed valve.

T5 WANTED,CHEAP PROJECT WITH MOT
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 09:34   #5
charlesboya
charlesboya

Smile UK tuning days

As with most things in life, you pay your money and you take your choice.
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 11:12   #6
FaKaWi
Master Member

Can I earn clubcard points against this purchase Charles? Or are you not a Tesco manager anymore?
FaKaWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 07:38   #7
charlesboya
charlesboya

Default UK tuning days

You make it sound like a crime.

No I am still working for Tesco, if you find the truth worrying then that is your right.

However, I know a good organisation when I see one and the companies I am involved with are in my opinion very professional, open and honest. No bull, deliverable performance figures and genuine expertise, that is what matters.

cheers,
Charles