Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Views : 16780

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2021, 11:43   #41
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Coincidentally when I chased the Dealer today Parts answered the phone, so I thought I'd ask them the question. They managed to call back within an hour but they've quoted just over £1200!?

I asked them to e.mail the quote and I can see the part numbers for the 'application' of assist (£577.67 exc vat) and for the 'hydraulic pump' (£165 exc vat) but they've also quoted £230 labour exc. vat and part numbers 32261831 CMS OB Application and 32261830 Elka level 2 application - prices for these minimal at £18.50 each exc. vat but anyone know what they refer to? Mine is a XC90 MY16 I have bliss, standard cruise control, city safety which I think is standard, cross lane assistance only and 360 camera if that helps.

The website says £1085 inc. VAT for fitting, so not sure what extras I'm being charged for? He seemed to suggest I needed the assist 'upgrade' too after the assist was installed? Am I right in thinking that £1085 was to include the pump (which I need) and that if not needed it was around £500? Sorry for all the questions.
Sorry, I've just found that those 2 parts numbers do make up the Intellisafe Support upgrade which is £75 inc fitting and VAT. So I'm thinking I just need that on top of the assist upgrade as my car is an older model (my16) v others on this thread that have had the same thing done?

Still perhaps should still be £1085 + £75 = £1160 so a bit less than how they've quoted it...
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 12:28   #42
js90
VOC Member

Quote:
Sorry, I've just found that those 2 parts numbers do make up the Intellisafe Support upgrade which is £75 inc fitting and VAT. So I'm thinking I just need that on top of the assist upgrade as my car is an older model (my16) v others on this thread that have had the same thing done?

Still perhaps should still be £1085 + £75 = £1160 so a bit less than how they've quoted it...
They might have factored in time for the second software update, which sounds about right. For the £1,085 you get Pilot Assist version 1. PA2 is an additional charge, but I would imagine the time taken to install 1 software update and then another immediately after would be negligible, so the actual price may be a lot closer to the £1,160 than £1,200 in the end.
js90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to js90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2021, 12:28   #43
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Primero View Post
Thanks again.
I will try and contact them again.
I would have thought they would try and promote upgrades like this, even just from a commercial point of view.
If I don't get any joy from them I will try another Volvo select garage.
If it's the local dealer they probably want to sell you a new car instead. I'd try a different dealer.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2021, 13:24   #44
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by js90 View Post
They might have factored in time for the second software update, which sounds about right. For the £1,085 you get Pilot Assist version 1. PA2 is an additional charge, but I would imagine the time taken to install 1 software update and then another immediately after would be negligible, so the actual price may be a lot closer to the £1,160 than £1,200 in the end.
Thanks for your help! I was just checking the details here

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ccessory/24998

and it does mention that for the £1085 you do get PA2...? so it looks like the additional upgrade (£75) is just for 'oncoming mitigation by braking'?

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ccessory/25147

It's very confusing and probably not helped that I'm looking on volvoaccessories.co.uk and .com as there is a lot more info. relating to individual part numbers of the .com site.

Sorry for my ignorance but is the difference between PA1 and PA2 just the speed range increase?
Old May 20th, 2021, 15:37   #45
js90
VOC Member

I think PA2 is supposed to use sat nav data to help with speed in cornering. I don't think I have PA2 because mine tends to get to some corners, over-egg it, lose the lane tracking and give up

I think that's what's supposed to have been fixed in PA2 by using nav data to predict turns ahead better.

That's only on A roads though. Works fine on the motorway, just my fault for trying to use it outside the system recommendations.
js90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to js90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2021, 17:24   #46
Carlos Primero

Quote:
Originally Posted by js90 View Post
Was that the service department that told you it couldn't be fitted? Speak to parts, get them to find the relevant part numbers - I assume you need the pump and the software - get them to save a quote and then go back to the service department with the quote. If they still refuse, take your business to a competent dealer
Yeah
it was the guy who sold me the car.
I got the rear facing camera installed no bother.
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 17:44   #47
Carlos Primero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
If it's the local dealer they probably want to sell you a new car instead. I'd try a different dealer.
I used the one on Scotswood Rd.

Could you recommend any others in the region?
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 18:52   #48
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
...so it looks like the additional upgrade (£75) is just for 'oncoming mitigation by braking'?
Yes, I paid ~£75 for oncoming mitigation to be added to my car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2021, 08:50   #49
Dixie

Can I just ask with the safety aspects like Bliss with steer assist, does it totally prevent you from pulling out say when overtaking a car on the dual-carriage that you think say you've got enough room/time for, or if say you could see something ahead that meant it was safer to change lanes even though a car was coming up behind closer that had activated bliss lights in mirror....??

Just trying to work out if it's a gentle steer that you can override I guess by continuing to steer in the direction you want (so the car knows you are in control) or whether, as a safety aspect, it prevents you? My husband having never driven a car with these aspects is concerned that as a driver you're not totally in control of the vehicle. Obviously we totally appreciate these 'steer' functions are there 100% to help avoid accidents etc which is why we are seriously considering them in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

NB The garage agreed to price match the £1085 + £75 that is on the accessories website.
Old May 21st, 2021, 08:55   #50
scw

It's a gentle vibration through the wheel, and a bit more resistance to turning; you still have full control of steering.

Steve
scw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scw For This Useful Post: