Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rough acceleration when engine is warm

Views : 552

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 16:00   #1
darlik

Default Rough acceleration when engine is warm

Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and I need your help. I have a 2008 Volvo V50 2.0d 136hp. The car has a problem during acceleration between 1500 - 2100 RPM. The whole cars is shaking back and forth when the pedal is normally pressed. If I fully press the pedal there is no problem. The problem is only present in this RPM range and when the cooling liquid temperature is above 60 degrees. When the engine is cold there is no problem.

It all started after the turbo failed. I've managed to turn off the engine by engaging 5th gear and releasing the clutch. After that the turbo was replaced and it turned out that one of the injectors was bad too. The faulty injector was replaced. After 600km this problem appeared. After that all injectors were inspected again and they are fine. There are no error codes or anything. It's not the pedal position sensor because the problem is present during cruise control acceleration too. Fuel filter is replaced too. I have no clue what to check next. I know that the fuel pressure should be different when the engine is cold and when it is warm, but I don't know the exact numbers to make a reference.
I hope someone can help me.

Cheers!
darlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 21:19   #2
passenger
Master Member

Wish you have some code reader.

I would go for EGR valve. Try to disconnected EGR valve (just connector) and try it. Volvo VIDA would solve problem. You could see movements of EGR
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 21:33   #3
darlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
Wish you have some code reader.

I would go for EGR valve. Try to disconnected EGR valve (just connector) and try it. Volvo VIDA would solve problem. You could see movements of EGR
Thank you!
I've tried disconnecting the EGR valve but there is no difference. With a standard diagnostic tool there are no error codes. I will find somebody with a VIDA and report back if we find something.
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 22:45   #4
passenger
Master Member

Huh no idea more sorry.

Quick google put me on this forum and this thread

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297220
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 17:47   #5
darlik

Hello again.
We resolved the issue. There is one-way valve on the fuel return pipe and it was blocked. It is located under the y-shaped throttle body and it is part of the fuel temperature sensor assembly. The whole assembly needs to be replaced.

The explanation is that when the engine is cold and also in higher RPMs there is high fuel consumption and there is no excess fuel but in lower RPMs the excess fuel can't pass through the valve and the engine is running on really rich mixture.

I hope this helps somebody else out. It took us 3 weeks to find the problem.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to darlik For This Useful Post: