Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37554

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2021, 15:06   #71
Handyandy2

Maybe the 360 camera’s are still causing delays.
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 16:52   #72
griffin447

A bulletin was sent to dealers today from Volvo about a shipping and capacity delay. They cannot confirm when anyone will be getting their XC60 Recharge as they have had to be diverted via road and sea. The dates on the order systems are incorrect. Pretty poor effort by Volvo the fact most of these cars were built at the end of July…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 20:38   #73
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
A bulletin was sent to dealers today from Volvo about a shipping and capacity delay. They cannot confirm when anyone will be getting their XC60 Recharge as they have had to be diverted via road and sea. The dates on the order systems are incorrect. Pretty poor effort by Volvo the fact most of these cars were built at the end of July…
How would they normally come then? I can't see them being flown. If they come by road I'd check the mileage on arrival!
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 20:50   #74
Handyandy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
How would they normally come then? I can't see them being flown. If they come by road I'd check the mileage on arrival!
They normally come by train.
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Handyandy2 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 13:10   #75
Amatt

It looks like the delivery date for mine hasn't slipped too much from the dealer's initial estimate of mid Oct (ordered at the start of May).

It's got a confirmed build slot and should be with the dealer between 17th and 22nd Oct. I've ordered a B4 R-Design Pro with adaptive cruise and 360 degree camera plus a couple of extras so fingers crossed it has them, especially adaptive cruise.

Last edited by Amatt; Sep 20th, 2021 at 13:27.
Amatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 13:17   #76
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
You're not seriously suggesting that when they say they are being delivered by road, they mean that they are going to be driven individually, and add mileage to the cars ?
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 23:36   #77
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatt View Post
It looks like the delivery date for mine hasn't slipped too much from the dealer's initial estimate of mid Oct (ordered at the start of May).

It's got a confirmed build slot and should be with the dealer between 17th and 22nd Oct. I've ordered a B4 R-Design Pro with adaptive cruise and 360 degree camera plus a couple of extras so fingers crossed it has them, especially adaptive cruise.
Mine should’ve been with the dealer on the 19th and it’s not looking like it will be here this week either. The order tracking system that the dealers use is not accurate in this instance. Volvo even admitted that in their bulletin…
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griffin447 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 11:27   #78
evdude83

Not a good year to buy cars if you ask me. Once the chip shortage is solved things should be bacl to normal. Waiting half a year for a car is crazy if yo uask me
evdude83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 12:34   #79
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdude83 View Post
Not a good year to buy cars if you ask me. Once the chip shortage is solved things should be bacl to normal. Waiting half a year for a car is crazy if yo uask me
I waited longer than this before the chip shortage...
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 13:26   #80
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
The demand for paths on the China-Europe rail routes used by Volvo to ship cars from the Chinese plants to Belgium for the sea crossing to the UK has been difficult due to the switch onto rail as result of the disruption to sea trade, containers etc (suez canal for one as well as more access from other countries onto the transit route. (Hanoi vietnam now connected)
F
Transit times have increased so now much closer or longer than transit by sea. No idea what the by road means, maybe shipped to chinese port by road and to a different port than Belgium and then being trucked back to correct port for sea transfer to UK.

Whatever it is bound to take longer than the 22 days when the rail transit first started from Volvomplants.