Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37594

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 27th, 2021, 17:28   #1
herbert912

Default Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

I ordered a new XC60 R-Design via a leasing company at the end of June.

It was an existing dealer order that was then modified to our spec. Delivery date around the end of August. At the end of July, they advised it would arrive sometime in September. Now just revised to the end of October...

We are coping quite well with one car but still keen to step into our new motor. This will be our second XC60. We loved our first one (I know the new google system will be an adjustment but we are fine with that)

Is anyone else waiting on an XC60 or has recently stepped into a new XC60. If so, how was the wait?
herbert912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 17:33   #2
MG14

Yes, hopefully a month away from delivery. I ordered in mid-June and the dealer managed to bag an unallocated car in the system, which reduced the time by a month.
MG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 18:17   #3
Amatt

Similar. Put an order in at the start of a May and given an estimated date of 8th Oct. Haven't checked in with the dealer for a while to see if that's slipped at all but haven't been told anything different.

Currently got an A5 coupe and going to miss the Audi system and dashboard but our lab puppy is getting bigger by the day and we're relying on the wife's small hatchback, plus I'm intrigued to see how android automotive develops.
Amatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 18:23   #4
Handyandy2

Yes. Ordered mid May. Due end of September but I expect this will slip due to the factory closures due to parts shortage. Just a sign of the times unfortunately. I have to say that Volvo and my dealer are poor at providing updates.
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 18:47   #5
segakid

Ordered a V60 at the start of August and haven’t even been given a build week yet. Emailed a week ago as they are always busy when I call, they still haven’t got back to even say they haven’t got one yet. They are quite bad at updates.
segakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 19:11   #6
RandolphC

I ordered an XC60 T8 recharge Inscription Pro in late May and was given a delivery date of August. In late July I was informed that it was stuck in Poland, apparently to comes by train from China. I had a moan to Volvo UK and suddenly a few days later it arrived in UK and now been driving it for 2 weeks. My initial impression is lovely car but the Google system is driving me to distraction. No one can explain how it works it won't play the music from my iPhone and the navigation system is rubbish. I ordered a Polestar mod and was informed that it won't be available until; at least October as they have to work out how to work it with the Google system.
Having said all that I do love there car as a car to drive - it's worth waiting for
RandolphC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 19:26   #7
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Could be worse - My BiL was told this week hes looking at 12 months or more for the new Jag he wants. Chips shortage.
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 21:49   #8
My22xc60

R-Design Pro ordered in mid-July with a potential build date towards the end of November!
My22xc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to My22xc60 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 27th, 2021, 22:05   #9
griffin447

XC60 Recharge T6 R-Design. Ordered mid June and due 19th September however it left factory in China around 9th August so looking like it will be early!!!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2021, 08:15   #10
herbert912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman 90 View Post
Could be worse - My BiL was told this week hes looking at 12 months or more for the new Jag he wants. Chips shortage.
Ouch - not sure I have the patience to wait 12 months for a new car. Though I know the chip shortage is proving a real problem for manufacturers with production way down. Keeping my fingers crossed that my car does arrive in October and not just keep slipping.

It sounds like we are all looking at similar times for our new XC60. It would be great to hear updates on timing when people's cars do arrive.
herbert912 is offline   Reply With Quote