Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Accessing Front Parking Sensors

Views : 867

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 30th, 2015, 17:48   #1
PhilSkill

Default Accessing Front Parking Sensors

Managed to get a Branch fall in front of us this morning and knock one of the front parking sensors into the bumper. Anyone know what the easiest access method is to get this fitted back in place?
PhilSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 07:26   #2
volvo for ever
Premier Member

ideally front bumper off its not to bad to be honest both headlamps take out ,,screws around wheel arch then 2 screws at top then 5 clips at top grill area then pull off

regards
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2016, 20:17   #3
PhilSkill

Thanks thought it might be, but I managed to access through the wheel arch just unscrewing the 7 Torx holding the arch liner with the wheel off. There is also an access hatch in the undercover, but hard to manoeuvre your hand though there.
Old Jan 2nd, 2016, 05:53   #4
volvo for ever
Premier Member

in fairness you never mentioned which sensor was it outer 1 by chance then removing wheel arch would do but may struggle

regards
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2016, 16:45   #5
PhilSkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
in fairness you never mentioned which sensor was it outer 1 by chance then removing wheel arch would do but may struggle

regards
It was the one next to the fog light on driver side, was not too bad to access with 1 arm, but hard to see anything, but I could also still see the front of the bumper to see the sensor was in position while my arm was in the arch holding the sensor in place. Was certainly easier to access this way (for me anyway) than through the access hatch in the under front cover panel (for changing the fog light bulb).
The Following User Says Thank You to PhilSkill For This Useful Post: