Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Discount scheme with Sky Insurance!!

Views : 13795

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 20th, 2010, 18:18   #31
Lloydnoise

Talking Unicorn !

Hello ollie ,.....
....perhaps it's the long hours you work but you've miss read 'again' ,...

.it's not 'me' who is only upset !...did you take the time to respectfully read the other replies ,...many from senior members & others who are 'Not' in the position i'm in, but can easily see that this is worth highlighting ?

They are clearly ' NOT A MINORITY ' ...along with the NON MINORITY of people in a similar position to me either unemployed & or with a car valued below £2,000

With regard to your ' Unicorn quote / joke ' ,....
....there's a beautiful ancient boat in Dundee harbour called ' The Unicorn '...
if you're eve'r up for a visit let me know in advance , i'm sure there will be several VOC & forum members who'll operate a cannon each * ha , ha , ...only joking ,...have a good weekend , .

Positives , Lloyd .

" Let's look for the good in life,..not the faults "
Lloydnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 09:07   #32
Guy Incognito

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydnoise View Post
Hello ollie ,.....
....perhaps it's the long hours you work but you've miss read 'again' ,...

.it's not 'me' who is only upset !...did you take the time to respectfully read the other replies ,...many from senior members & others who are 'Not' in the position i'm in, but can easily see that this is worth highlighting ?

They are clearly ' NOT A MINORITY ' ...along with the NON MINORITY of people in a similar position to me either unemployed & or with a car valued below £2,000

With regard to your ' Unicorn quote / joke ' ,....
....there's a beautiful ancient boat in Dundee harbour called ' The Unicorn '...
if you're eve'r up for a visit let me know in advance , i'm sure there will be several VOC & forum members who'll operate a cannon each * ha , ha , ...only joking ,...have a good weekend , .

Positives , Lloyd .

I know I can't imagine the situation you are in re your Eve but as to the insurance I have been refused insurance for being too young (sadly not recently) and was most annoyed as I had no crashes no points etc, just discriminated for being a young bloke.
It sucks. I am now older so get Quotes from most providers.

I think you have highlighted the fact that not everyone can get a Q from Sky and carrying this on is not raising any new points.

I totally agree that an insurance company that actually takes YOU into account would get my business and probably most people but while companies are there to make a profit that aint going tohappen.

Wonder how easy it is to start an insurance company??????
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 10:35   #33
Lloydnoise

Talking Reply to Guy .

Hi we're on the same side here , but you've proved my point that this debate is 'not over'...ha ha

Just because Sky perhaps hide behind ins' companies re their numb answers & oversight of the facts , shouldn't mean 'we' give up on getting answers to these important & deeply felt posts , ( we're being dumped on ! )

Please read some of them again , you'll notice from 'all levels' of membership that this is an issue which unites & strengthens us all .

It's time ' NOW ' that perhaps we can make changes....
... ( sky have 'changed' their telephone policy 'because' of my post , & all the input here from other users !! ) ..'may be small but it's a change !

Eve'rything of any good & real worth on this planet was started by ' one person'..... then one more etc , 'dons Che Guevara berry' , ha ha .

I suggest when we use our 'influential votes' in future we vote for what's best for 'all' & not which benefits our individual finance , & or scenarios ,...people are already pledging 'here' not to use Sky in the future directly because of 'my plight',.....
......that's the spirit i'm talking about & 'to me' shows that we care for the greater good , eve'n if we don't know the person ,...isn't that great ?

' Anyway Guy ' ,..allow me to get down from my imperial leather ( & all other good brands ) tea chest before it collapses under my weight , ha ha .

Your personal messages to me are what ' really matter ' & thanks again for them !

My positives to you all . Lloyd .

Old Aug 21st, 2010, 19:10   #34
red850r
855R Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
Hi,

thank you for giving us a try.

Would you mind letting me know your surname and postcode so I can have a look and see why we are uncompetitive?

Also, do you mind if I ask what sort of prices you have been getting for insurance when shopping around?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hello

I get fed up with insurance companies giving over priced quotes, then when say no, offer to beat the price. I find it insults my inteligence.
I dont care to give my postcode, I will say I have the car insured elsewhere at half the price I was quoted.
I dont want to make an issue of it as I find there is always companies willing to give reasonable quotes and I dont tend to waste time with the other companies. Thanks

Kind regards
red850r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to red850r For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 20:43   #35
Jim760
Mr G

ok "sky" or is it "skies" since there's more than one of you answering.. not very professional is it.. breaking ruels too tut tut tut. mind you i guess its the "modern" professional standards.. pass the buck to next man, then pass it back.. lol

yes or no answer to the following please

insure a 24 year old who's driven since 17 with clean licence and no reported incidents?

G72 postcode area

on a 20 year old "classic" 760 turbo?

fully comp?

less than £600?

lets see if your worth your words.
940 GL 850 GL 760 TIC V70 Torslanda

Last edited by Jim760; Aug 21st, 2010 at 20:47.
Jim760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim760 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 22:25   #36
johnnyv70
Master Member

nice one Jim ,this should be very interesting

john
johnnyv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 00:02   #37
Lloydnoise

Default Hello Jim *

Hi ,..'lovely to hear from you pal ,......

..... let me apologise on behalf of that ( as we know ' now ' )..' muppett from Lanarkshire ' ,........'could you have seen it Jim ??

I txt you on friday ,..perhaps i had your Mums mobile ? ( send me 'yours' please )

' Anyway ' .....i can speak tomorrow after 1 o'clock if you're about ?

Please put this ( one you've just sent to me ! ) message to ..... ' Sky insurance & it's approach ? ' post !!!

Positives ,...... Lloyd .

Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 14:31   #38
skyinsurance_ollie
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim760 View Post
ok "sky" or is it "skies" since there's more than one of you answering.. not very professional is it.. breaking ruels too tut tut tut. mind you i guess its the "modern" professional standards.. pass the buck to next man, then pass it back.. lol

yes or no answer to the following please

insure a 24 year old who's driven since 17 with clean licence and no reported incidents?

G72 postcode area

on a 20 year old "classic" 760 turbo?

fully comp?

less than £600?

lets see if your worth your words.
Claims?

Convictions?

Modifications?

Mileage?

Use?

No claims bonus?

So based on your info I would have to say no.

Anon
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 19:55   #39
Jim760
Mr G

anon? who are you then? i suspect your still doing multiple users on same account.. love your professionalism see amended quote below

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance_ollie View Post

Claims? none did you not read "no reported incidents?"

Convictions? none as above

Modifications? cup holders

Mileage? me or the car? 113000

Use? social and domestic to and from a place of work mileage about 8k a year

No claims bonus?full

So based on your info I would have to say no. check again

Anon -ymous
940 GL 850 GL 760 TIC V70 Torslanda

Last edited by Jim760; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 20:03.
Jim760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 22:50   #40
Lloydnoise

Default Quiet Sky ?

Hi ,..Good morning to you all ,....i wait with interest re Jims recent answer to your reply ,..& to the posts sent to you ( including cumbrianmale ) via this post & 'Sky insurance & it's approach ? '

Positives ,..Lloyd .