Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Who has ordered a new XC90?

Views : 37831

Replies : 320

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2015, 17:58   #61
acb5

Don't forget though with corporation tax whilst the write down is the full value in year one, but when you sell in 3-4 years it will count as a profit and you will pay corporation tax on the sale less any normal write down value so it does catch up with you. It only defers the tax. Still worth having though.
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 11:54   #62
Oop north

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb5 View Post
Don't forget though with corporation tax whilst the write down is the full value in year one, but when you sell in 3-4 years it will count as a profit and you will pay corporation tax on the sale less any normal write down value so it does catch up with you. It only defers the tax. Still worth having though.
I do know there is CT to pay on disposal value, thanks (I'm an accountant) It's not quite as simple as being a deferral, though, as the full depreciation is tax-deductible, but the CT deduction funds 20% of the residual value. There's also a great benefit in terms of getting fuel provided at a low benefit in kind too

Not sure what to do as don't want to order one before driving, really, but not sure when I will be able to drive a T8. And I need to be careful not to get carried away with extras..
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2015, 19:13   #63
acb5

Glad you took my post the right way. Was just pointing out in case. I run a V60D6 at present and if the XC90 is half as good then you will not be disappointed. I have already ordered back in January and already saved £300 as bursting blue has gone to a premium paint colour. Don't forget you can also get a home charging point for free and as it comes with a separate meter you can claim this as fuel. I would go for it.
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 10:19   #64
kiteski

Quote:
Glad you took my post the right way. Was just pointing out in case. I run a V60D6 at present and if the XC90 is half as good then you will not be disappointed. I have already ordered back in January and already saved £300 as bursting blue has gone to a premium paint colour. Don't forget you can also get a home charging point for free and as it comes with a separate meter you can claim this as fuel. I would go for it.
How is the hybrid on the V60? does it recharge when driving long distance or do you need to plug it in every day??
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 13:26   #65
Oop north

Quote:
Have two things slowing me down (1) haven't got wife's approval (2) haven't driven any new XC90 yet - hopefully fix early next week (3) read this morning in one test criticising T8 for front end tug / steering corruption - I rather hate front wheel drive. It's v wet here in Lancashire and so any kind of poor front end grip is very noticeable. Anyway, maybe what I need to do is make the business more successful so I can get a T8 and then after 3 years pass on to wife and replace with Tesla (possibly in my dreams only)
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 16:08   #66
yeoman
Master Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop north View Post
Have two things slowing me down (1) haven't got wife's approval (2) haven't driven any new XC90 yet - hopefully fix early next week (3) read this morning in one test criticising T8 for front end tug / steering corruption - I rather hate front wheel drive. It's v wet here in Lancashire and so any kind of poor front end grip is very noticeable. Anyway, maybe what I need to do is make the business more successful so I can get a T8 and then after 3 years pass on to wife and replace with Tesla (possibly in my dreams only)
If you can sort out problem number one, you are almost there.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 16:27   #67
rich1068
I've Been Banned

In every conceivable situation if you can sort out problem number one, the world's your lobster.
rich1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 17:23   #68
TWPC

Good luck with problem no.1, Oop North.

Does anybody know the size of the touch screen in UK market new XC90s? All the first drive reviews being published seem to refer to it as a 9" but the configurator on Volvo UK's web site describes it as 12.3", even on the Momentum model. The review on the Honest John website ( http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/ ) suggests that you only get the 12.3" on the Inscription.

Can anyone who has actually ordered one clarify the situation?
TWPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 19:06   #69
acb5

On the touch screen in the centre console is the same size on all models. The only difference is the screen to the dashboard which changes size. The momentum is slightly smaller I think which may be where the confusion is.

On the charging of the V60, yes it does recharge from natural braking and coasting but not a huge amount. On a 250 mile run it generated around 3kW. You can recharge when the battery falls below 50% using the engine but this hammers general consumption so I do not use this facility.

Happy to answer any hybrid questions as the V60 technology is almost identical to that in the T8
Old Jun 5th, 2015, 20:14   #70
AB-UK
Premier Member

Took out a Momentum with basic spec for an hours test drive today.
Very smooth - even with normal suspension and dealer fitted 22" wheels.
Nice and quiet.
Doesn't seem to roll as much as my Exec.
Steering felt incredibly light though.
SWMBO and offspring declared the seats very comfortable, and enjoyed the ride.
Digital dials are an interesting change.
Didn't notice a kick in the back when I put my foot down on a dual carriageway. Acceleration was smooth.
Auto brake when stopped was good. Engine restarts when pedal is pressed - car is held in place even on a slope, up or down. Means you don't have to sit there with your foot on the brake (annoying those behind you).

I'd like to try one with all the bells and whistles (Inscription trim), and of course I'd like to try the T8.
Unfortunately, the dealer said the T8s probably won't be available until Dec 2016.
Had the cheek to ask if I'd buy the Diesel in the meantime then go for the T8 later :-)
Definitely a terrific car and I really want one - but it would take more than selling off one of my ageing kidneys!
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote