Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Forward sensing module

Views : 1098

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2020, 08:48   #1
CBailey81

Default Forward sensing module

I had to have my windscreen replaced and was informed that the forward sensing module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The Volvo garage are charging a huge amount of money. Has anyone else had to have this replaced and have you managed to find a none Volvo garage that can do it?
CBailey81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 10:49   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBailey81 View Post
I had to have my windscreen replaced and was informed that the forward sensing module was faulty and needed to be replaced. The Volvo garage are charging a huge amount of money. Has anyone else had to have this replaced and have you managed to find a none Volvo garage that can do it?
was it ok before they touched it?

Are you sure it doesn't just need calibrating , this is mandatory after the windscreen has been replaced .
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 10:57   #3
CBailey81

Yes it was fine as far as I knew. I am in dispute with autoglass over the issue but the car has been to a Volvo garage and they have said the module is faulty which is why it won't calibrate.
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 11:06   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yes it was fine as far as I knew. I am in dispute with autoglass over the issue but the car has been to a Volvo garage and they have said the module is faulty which is why it won't calibrate.
you would know if it was faulty, it would have flagged up a message in the instrument panel ..
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 11:32   #5
CBailey81

Autoglass said that when they did a pre scan it showed some faults but they didn't tell me as sometimes the faults are intermittent and put themselves right which is why I'm in dispute as it seems to me that they broke it. In the meantime it is definitely not working and I need it replaced and Volvo want to charge £800. I've spoken to a.couple of garages who can't replace it so was wondering if anyone else has found a garage who can do it or if I have to get ripped off by Volvo 😡
Old Sep 11th, 2020, 12:29   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Autoglass said that when they did a pre scan it showed some faults but they didn't tell me as sometimes the faults are intermittent and put themselves right which is why I'm in dispute as it seems to me that they broke it. In the meantime it is definitely not working and I need it replaced and Volvo want to charge £800. I've spoken to a.couple of garages who can't replace it so was wondering if anyone else has found a garage who can do it or if I have to get ripped off by Volvo 😡
You will get a very clear message in your instrument panel if s not working , if you have not seen that it means it was ok when you handed the car over to them. Have volvo seen it? Have they checked the signals going to it ? the windscreen company is more likely to have damaged the cables or plug than the instrument itself . NO one can deal with these safety systems except the trained experts , that would be a dealer ... Its all about Mitigation these days .
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 13:03   #7
Retiree

Default It IS expensive!

I’ve also to have my forward sensing module replaced & been warned it’ll be around £1000. So be it. Problem is, I’ve been waiting 6 months for the part & no ETA! So, good luck on replacement.
Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forward sensing module, windscreen