Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 940 sports estate manual

Views : 26430

Replies : 233

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2009, 11:24   #61
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Good luck with the car, hope it is a sports, and that the price is right (come on down) and its not a bullys special prize, (look at what you could have won) If you want to send me the reg, can give my dealer a call, and ask them whether it is or not for you.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:20   #62
amaz'in

Hi SE,

Volvo just phoned back, and I don't think it is...they typed my reg in and it comes up with all the goodies, but this one just say's rear spoiler and immobilser/ still i wonder if these things can be wrongly input or not as far as spec?

I will PM you where it's at, looks quite nice though, must have been a Volvo Nut to have put clear lenses all round plus egg crate grille and Galaxy's, looks like a glass sunroof...may be worth a punt and use this as my project car and leave the Sports as totally standard?

J
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:26   #63
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

My sports just has the standard ind side lenses, think it was the later 940's that got the clear ones, as well as the rear lights. My Sports also came with the winter pack, which gives two rear fogs, ontop of the normal headlight wipers, aircon, and so on. What sort of money are they wanting for it, as with the Galaxys and the grill and such, it may well be worth it, as well as having the black paint.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:28   #64
amaz'in

Hi SE,

What do you reckon to it?

J
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:39   #65
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Got to be worth a look, and at the price, I would go for it anyway. looks very nice in the pics.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 13:05   #66
amaz'in

SE...just look at our Sports owners club thread run away here.... Lol

Well. i will go have a look shortly, SAT Nav has him at two miles and 11 mins away! guess it doesn't get any easier than that eh?

Fate perhaps after seeing him in it the other day, must have been when he got it...

J
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 13:37   #67
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

What about looking at the suspension code on the vin plate to determine what the car is. Out of all the mods the suspension is the one that would cost most to do afterwards.
Can the owner of a sport find out what their code is as it's difficult to work it out from the parts listings.
My 95 SE spares car has a glass sunroof if that makes any difference.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 13:47   #68
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

amaz'in

Fate is a funny thing, why not take the cash and walk to where it is, then all you have to do is look around it, have a test, pay the man and drive home, what could be easier, well unless the seller happens to be passing your door and drops in and you dont even need to lift a finger, as in my case when I bought mine off scooters, even gave him a Saab to drive home in.

Long live the sports owners club be it a very small club at the moment.

Will find out what code is for the suspension, and post the code up here.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 14:08   #69
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

OK guys just had a chat with my dealer, and.

On your chassie plates, on the right hand side, there will be a row of id numbers going from top to bottom.

Going from top to bottom here is what the codes are and what mine says

top = 15 is mrket where car is sold
2= 6913 interior trim mine is black wrinkled leather or plush
3= 418-12 paint code
4= 404RJ24 suspension brakes sterring
5= 25 emissions code

Hope this helps, all sports should have 6913 interior and should have the same 404RJ24 code as well
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 15:22   #70
amaz'in

Hi Se,

Just got back....and Fate cetainly did play her hand...

It has indeed got the Ruched leather, it has also got a Glass sunroof and Air con, the grille too it doesn't seem to sit as low as mine, but hard to tell.

I lifted the bonnet, B230 FT and there is was....like Wonka's golden ticket....the Turbo Plus kit, as we know it has the galaxy's too.

Poor old thing is in a bit of a state,(understatement) but most important of all.....it's now mine, with what was the easiest haggle I have ever had in my life?

It's HPI clear so can't be dodgy, left a deposit and pick it up later.

So regarding if it's a genuine sports??? if not someone has gone to a hell of a lot of trouble, the load liners and Cargo covers always get lost, and maybe they changed the suspension? or at least on the rear, looks like both back shock's are Near new? not Nivo's though, it has towbar and twin electrics too.

He picked an engine up from Kent in it last week!

Could it be that i'm a man who now owns two Sports :-)

J