Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 602827

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2016, 20:51   #1031
donnieban

Default Farewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnieban View Post
Well my D4 has gone into limp mode again, 7,000 miles since the last fault, with a total of 20,000 miles on the clock.

Time for it to go, its a lease and I am going to have to buy out.

Used XC 60 or 70 D5 here I come.
So,

Engine codes reset yesterday pm. Drove out of car park and amber engine light back on. Lengthy phone calls today to Volvo Assist.

Result - car of to Arnold Clark for diagnostics and another attempt at a temporary fix.

It doesn't really matter any more - I will be rejecting. Mentioned it at work and guess what another d4 XC 60 6 miles from me in same scenario. Volvo Care none at all.
Attached Images
File Type: png v60 Power.png (41.1 KB, 64 views)
donnieban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2016, 12:04   #1032
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I topped up the coolant but the light came on again today. Time for Volvo Assist. A very nice man came, pressure tested the system and then topped me to Max. Hopefully that should be it. To be fair the people on the phones are wonderfully polite and efficient, the nice man arrived quickly and all of this happened very smoothly. Far better than traipsing to the dealers and waiting around there.

My experience with VA has been very positive. Of course it would be better not to have this experience at all but there you go.
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 21:00   #1033
donnieban

Quote:
So,

Engine codes reset yesterday pm. Drove out of car park and amber engine light back on. Lengthy phone calls today to Volvo Assist.

Result - car of to Arnold Clark for diagnostics and another attempt at a temporary fix.

It doesn't really matter any more - I will be rejecting. Mentioned it at work and guess what another d4 XC 60 6 miles from me in same scenario. Volvo Care none at all.
My plea to reject my lease V60 has been approved. I had expected a fight with the Lease company but fair play to them. Perhaps they realised that the local dealership really are a joke when they had to sheepishly explain that A.C in Inverness hadnt realised that my faulty car had been awaiting repair outside their door for 5 days untouched - you couldn't make it up.

Feel no satisfaction, loved that car but a fault that cannot be repaired is too much. Goodbye D4.
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 21:03   #1034
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
My plea to reject my lease V60 has been approved. I had expected a fight with the Lease company but fair play to them. Perhaps they realised that the local dealership really are a joke when they had to sheepishly explain that A.C in Inverness hadnt realised that my faulty car had been awaiting repair outside their door for 5 days untouched - you couldn't make it up.

Feel no satisfaction, loved that car but a fault that cannot be repaired is too much. Goodbye D4.
Very sad , also sad that you have just missed THE fix , all is not quite lost get in contact with customer services for priority fix treatment ..
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 21:46   #1035
donnieban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Very sad , also sad that you have just missed THE fix , all is not quite lost get in contact with customer services for priority fix treatment ..
Perhaps if there was a proper dealership but Arnold C. have killed things for me.

I have spent a week contemplating a replacement used car and I still dont have a clue circa about 15k.
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 21:49   #1036
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Perhaps if there was a proper dealership but Arnold C. have killed things for me.

I have spent a week contemplating a replacement used car and I still dont have a clue circa about 15k.
I wouldn't either , i've lost interest in most cars now , they literally are all the same , but volvos still have that little bit extra to offer to make them a bit special , despite the obvious cost cutting .
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 21:58   #1037
donnieban

Quote:
I wouldn't either , i've lost interest in most cars now , they literally are all the same , but volvos still have that little bit extra to offer to make them a bit special , despite the obvious cost cutting .
Clan - agreed.

I have been looking at a 60 plate xc70 and asked my other half, she nearly choked me ....after all the grief you have had, not another Volvo.....
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 22:12   #1038
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Clan - agreed.

I have been looking at a 60 plate xc70 and asked my other half, she nearly choked me ....after all the grief you have had, not another Volvo.....
I wouldn't hesitate in going back 8 to 10 years , the quality really was there ... S60 , V70 ?
Old Apr 12th, 2016, 22:25   #1039
donnieban

Quote:
I wouldn't hesitate in going back 8 to 10 years , the quality really was there ... S60 , V70 ?
XC70 with a manual box ideally.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 09:04   #1040
tem
Premier Member

Quote:

I am sorry to hear about your experience with Inverness.
I have been with them for around 12 years and never had any problems.

I have the Engine Check warning and was going to wait until I get the car serviced at the beginning of May for them to check it out (This is the fifth time I have had this warning, all down to Oxygen sensors in the past), but I now have a fault with the passenger wing mirror, it will not close as something has gone wrong with the drive mechanism.
Going to Inverness tomorrow to get both these faults checked out and if spare parts are required, then hopefully, they will have them for time of service.

With regard to the EGR/Oxygen sensor problems, what is the FIX?
I know of nothing other than clean things up (rarely change EGR valve and cooler) and software updates.

This has been asked before, would those in the know, please inform us of the FIX.

Thank you.

tem.