Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted V70/S70 dash centre trim

Views : 503

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 16:53   #1
badboykane

Default Wanted V70/S70 dash centre trim

I am after the centre trim for my 99 V70 T5.

The bit that goes round the stereo and heater controls.

Exactly as in this picture:

I don't want the ashtray, just the trim with screws etc. I do need the ashtray screws though, 2 of them I think.

Not too fussed with condition as long as it isn't battered to bits or scratched to hell but it must be grey.

If anyone has one, let me know what price you are looking for with postage and ill see if I have any spare funds to buy it.
A picture would be ideal too so I can see the condition and colour.

I can come and collect if you are local to Portsmouth, otherwise posting would be my only option.

I can pay by Paypal

It all depends on the price as to whether or not I visit my local scrappy for one in a few weeks time as my local one is usually really cheap but I don't often get a chance to get down there.

Thanks
badboykane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 17:56   #2
gdphillips
ba baracus...

harris have one in the yard check my pics or txt me your number will txt you back pic of whats there...07914965787 gareth....nutbourne nr pompey
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 18:10   #3
badboykane

Thanks for letting me know that mate, much appreciated.

Harris is the local scrappy I was on about, either there or Howards in Hayling.
I live in Havant so only down the road really.

I checked out your pics, I see the pic of the 70 with the beige seats with the same dash part I am after.
Is that the pic you were meaning?

You got any idea what cost it would be roughly?
I have bought from Harris before and found them usually to be really cheap which is a bonus with my budget.

I might be able to get down there this Saturday depending on when I can get out of work otherwise I couldn't get there til next weekend.

Cheers
Kane
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 19:29   #4
gdphillips
ba baracus...

07914965787 have more pic to upload can go in tomoz and make sure its not been damaged......been going there for years.so cheep to me.....let me no could meet you there

Last edited by gdphillips; Jan 6th, 2011 at 19:31.
gdphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 20:46   #5
badboykane

Cool thanks mate, would be great if you could meet me there.

What ill do is save your number in my phone and ill find out tomorrow afternoon if I can get Saturday off work and ill give you a text and see if your free.

Might even find some other bits I need while i'm there if I have enough monies left.

Thanks
Kane
The Following User Says Thank You to badboykane For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 18:20   #6
badboykane

Hi Gareth,
I didn't get out of work until late today and left my phone at work in my locker so couldn't text you about going down Harris's.

I did go down there and found the V70, I got the dash trim out along with 2 blanking switches, hazard light switch, coin holder and the roof rails with fittings.
Paid £30 for the lot which I thought was very good and am well pleased.

Thanks for pointing out they had that V70 down there, that was of great help.

There were a few down there right at the back, while I was getting the trim out they moved them all to the no entry section at the back for some reason so I didn't get a chance to look in the others as I was going to see if there was a load cover in any of them.

Could you keep an eye out for any V70 T5 models fitted with a load cover which will fit in my '99 T5 V70 and ill be straight down there, apparently the T5 load covers are different fittings to other V70's so I would need one from a T5.

Many thanks
Kane
The Following User Says Thank You to badboykane For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 18:36   #7
gdphillips
ba baracus...

no probs mate glad i could help it may be there being crushed.....or just moved to get old stuff out hope not as i need to get parts off some off them.....im only in chichester so if you need a hand at any point just let me no will look out for the cover