Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xenons

Views : 1945

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 22:16   #1
Ransman
Master Member

Default Xenons

I do have a few people flash me from time to time, presumably thinking my lights are on beam. Anybody else have this?
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 22:46   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
I do have a few people flash me from time to time, presumably thinking my lights are on beam. Anybody else have this?
Yep.

Its probably because they are quite bright and the 60 is a bit higher than a normal car.

I give a quick flash back to show that mine are not on main beam.

On more than one occasion I have had oncoming drivers quite a distance away not just flashing but fixing their main beam on. So I have to do the same thing. They turn their beam off pretty quick after that.

I have also had people flash/put rear red fog lights on when I am behind them! I then have to place my headlights on main beam. If I didnt they would just leave their fogs on!!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 02:50   #3
Brodick
Master Member

Yep pretty much the same here. Only on the odd occasion.

Also get the occasional idiot who doesn't understand the lights cannot be turned off. Hey-Ho
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:09   #4
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
Yep pretty much the same here. Only on the odd occasion.

Also get the occasional idiot who doesn't understand the lights cannot be turned off. Hey-Ho
I have to go past a checkpoint on the way into work where there is a sign asking you to turn off your headlights as you approach. The first few times I just grinned at them and said "Sorry, it's a Volvo" :-)
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:13   #5
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
I have to go past a checkpoint on the way into work where there is a sign asking you to turn off your headlights as you approach. The first few times I just grinned at them and said "Sorry, it's a Volvo" :-)

Hope the people manning the checkpoint were not armed
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:20   #6
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Hope the people manning the checkpoint were not armed
One of them always is so I smile very sweetly!

Just as well I specified the bullet=proof glass option though :-)
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:18   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
It might be worth getting them checked as mine were set too high when delivered by Volvo - only about 1 degree, but enough to cause issues.

The XC60 lights should be set to 'break' between 0.5 and 2 deg below the horizontal - mine were set on the horizontal. (http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_180.htm)

There is another thread here where it is pointed out how to adjust the headlights - I cannot find the post, but I think you rotate the white post on top of the headlights to adjust the angle - or go to Kwikfit who did it for free, then I told Volvo of their error
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:10   #8
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
It might be worth getting them checked as mine were set too high when delivered by Volvo - only about 1 degree, but enough to cause issues.
Hi Wimorrison

Thats a good idea.

I asked Volvo to check mine although before they did, to be sure, I took the car to an MOT to check the alignment and they were set correct. Volvo confirmed this.

Regards
Old Dec 5th, 2011, 13:58   #9
Mike 700
Premier Member

Quote:
Had them on XC 70 and 90 and everyone flashed me - couldn't adjust them manually. Now have normal lights on XC 60, but they still flash at me, so I now adjust them downwards in the daytime - usually stops them flashing.
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote