Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Old Stock Water Pump for 940

Views : 565

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2015, 12:14   #1
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Default New Old Stock Water Pump for 940

Has anyone got an unused genuine Volvo water pump suitable for a 940 they would be willing to sell ?
I am trying to find one made before they changed to their latest supplier. I would consider any redblock pump although 700/900 series ones would be a straight swap.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 12:21   #2
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve940estate View Post
Has anyone got an unused genuine Volvo water pump suitable for a 940 they would be willing to sell ?
I am trying to find one made before they changed to their latest supplier. I would consider any redblock pump although 700/900 series ones would be a straight swap.
Steve.

Try Holman Engineering for a rebuild...if you have a suitable pump.

Jon.
700/900 Register Keeper VOC.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 13:00   #3
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I've seen them before, sorry if it was you who sent me a link. I found another company http://www.spwaterpumps.co.uk/ who have offered to do one, it will cost £60.

I thought I would ask if anyone has a proper one first but thanks for the link.
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 18:10   #4
bob12
bob12

What happened to the Hepu you were going to get Steve? Not to sure about old stock though .... depends on how old.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 19:43   #5
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I got the Hepu one but I think they have changed the spec of them as well. They used to have brass/bronze impellers but now have cast steel one. Most worrying is that apart from it having Hepu written on it, the casting looks exactly the same as the cheap Italian one I got from a local motor factors. I'm not sure if the Italian one is a copy of the German one of if Hepu now buy in cheap ones.
I'm not sure I can be bothered to fit it as the other had excessive play in the bearings when I checked it on the car after fitting, it didn't leak though and the play didn't get much worse.

Just thought I would ask about an old water pump, I suppose the grease could have dried out a bit by now, depends on how it's been stored.
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 19:55   #6
bob12
bob12

Can't win can you!! You could email Hepu direct in Germany. I have also just found a German parts website that 'does' assorted stuff (if you are not in a hurry) and have ordered a good brand USA firm's header water pipe ... They also supply water pumps. I will report back.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 20:12   #7
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I tried to get one from Hepu from one of their distributors, they suggested a couple but nobody in the UK buys Volvo ones.
I also sent a message asking if the one I had was actually one of theirs but they didn't reply, I wondered if someone was selling dodgy ones in Hepu boxes..
Volvo aren't interested either. They have had problems with 940 pumps but probably have only sold a handful over the last 10 years anyway.

I don't think things would be so bad if the PAS pump wasn't driven via the waterpump, having a viscous fan hanging off the front can't help either.
Old Apr 20th, 2015, 12:49   #8
GreenBrick
SilverBrick Lives!

I get stuff from Caffyns. They have an ebay shop also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VO...-/221105754030
GreenBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2015, 15:50   #9
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Thanks for that, I am after the earlier style of pump though is anyone has one. I've had two of those. The first failed after about six months and the second although lasting 3 or so years has only done about 18K miles and is now also leaking from the bypass hole.
I wouldn't mind paying for a genuine Volvo pump again but not is it isn't going to last any better than a cheaper aftermarket one.