Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HU401 to HU601

Views : 1614

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 12:02   #1
silverback02
Premier Member

Unhappy HU401 to HU601

Hi all,
I recently purchased a HU 601 Radio Cassette and CD player off E-bay to replace my own HU 401. It was fitted within 10 minutes. The Radio and cassette worked perfectly as soon as it was turned on, But the CD would not draw the disk into the unit. I could hear the motor running but nothing happend. Because I have read within these forums that sometimes the S80 neads to be reset useing the Vadis system I then took it to a Volvo repair shop who told me that, It is a known fault with th HU 601 that this motor fails and when it does it means a new unit is required.... Therefore I have now returned the unit. But I want to know..Has anyone else had such a problem with their HU601s or other Volvo CD players ???
Cheers
Silver.
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 12:49   #2
shaza1

I too had a problem with my 601. same as yours the servo or something would not pull the disk into my player but it was an intermittent fault, like it was just slipping at first so we gave it a little push now and then and it played fine was like that for ages until it stopped altogether and just wouldn't pull them in even with the gentle push. but it was going to cost too much to replace it so we put in a CD changer in the boot and ran that from the 601 instead. never used it again. Took the changer back out when we sold the car last year.
Is it a design fault or something we should have known about ???
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 14:47   #3
silverback02
Premier Member

Thank you Shaza1

Not that I know of. I just wondered if anyone else had a simular problem with it at all. thanks again.
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote