Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Carseats

Views : 885

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 02:52   #1
stewfamily

Default Carseats

Can anyone tell me if you can fit a carseat between the integrated boosters in the XC70? We're moving to Germany and need a new car...we're looking at putting the Diono Radian XT in the middle seat for our daughter (17" wide according to the website). Any advice or experience would be appreciated!
stewfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:56   #2
Backhill1
Master Member

Are you intending fitting with the seat belt and utilising the two outer integral booster seats?
I can measure and see if its possible if this is the case, the latest xc is a wide and roomy car in the back so I would suggest you have the best chance.
I would suggest a full car seat is better at the door and just use a booster in the middle?
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:45   #3
stewfamily

I was hoping to put our youngest into a harnessed car seat, forward facing in the middle seat & using the integrated seats for our sons to use with the seatbelts. Volvo told me their booster cushion would work, but the answer wasn't very technical & asking for a picture got a chuckle. We just don't want to make the mistake of buying a car that doesn't fit our kids' needs. The seat we would buy my daughter is "17 at the base. Our concern is that the base will cover the seatbelt clips.
stewfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 01:33   #4
Backhill1
Master Member

What age are your kids using the Volvo seats. I think they are actually excellent and better than what you have to fit to be legal. My youngest (2) is like houdini and when you take him out the chair has manipulated himself out the straps (not possible or warning with the fixed belt).
I would say great from 3/4+ younger than that not a good idea.
Now I know what you are planning I will check for you at the weekend and let you know if I think it will work.
Just a question but why youngest in the middle, difficult to put in / out etc better by the door?
Consider buying with pacos, my son loves sitting in the front and blacked back windows I think standard on se sport worth there weight in gold.
Keep the car so much cooler and the sun out the kids eye.
Might be part of the family pack so you might get.
Am I right these questions are on a car you are about to buy and is deffo later than 2007 model as the older one was a lot narrower?

What stage is the seat for the middle as we have all stages just now so I can actually try and report?

Last edited by Backhill1; Jun 21st, 2013 at 01:36.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:47   #5
nickbw898

You should choose the seat to fit the car not the other way round. Also depending on age a full harness is safer. I have to say if you can find safer or more convenient than Volvo for three kids in the back it will be news to many.
nickbw898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 17:28   #6
Backhill1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewfamily View Post
Can anyone tell me if you can fit a carseat between the integrated boosters in the XC70? We're moving to Germany and need a new car...we're looking at putting the Diono Radian XT in the middle seat for our daughter (17" wide according to the website). Any advice or experience would be appreciated!
Between the back seats integrated boosters is 440mm or 17.3". The actual gap between the seatbelt anchors is however only 270mm. I tried my Recaro Young Sport (which is quite a similar large seat as stage 1/2&3) and it would work in the back between the two booster bases with space but with an isofix seat on the outside it wouldn’t work.

Quite difficult to utilise the belt, might be easier with the baby type configurations.

I notice on the Web site it refers to “Latch Connectors” I do not know if they mean ISOFOX? There is no ISOFIX connection for the middle seat only the outside ones.

I cannot comment fully on the brand of seat you are buying and would suggest that if the manufacturers are happy with it in the middle of a standard XC70 then it will be fine as the integrated booster is narrower than the standard seat position as it only utilises the centre.