Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2015 V60 Music Format ?

Views : 274

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2024, 11:03   #1
Duncan Doenitz

Default 2015 V60 Music Format ?

I am loading music into my newly acquired 2015 D5 however the .flac files are not recognised despite this being one of the stated formats that can be used. IIRC, the files are 16 bit which should be fine.

Before I convert everything into .mp3, can anyone share the details of what formats, sampling rates and bitrates are acceptable ?
Duncan Doenitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 14:51   #2
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Doenitz View Post
I am loading music into my newly acquired 2015 D5 however the .flac files are not recognised despite this being one of the stated formats that can be used. IIRC, the files are 16 bit which should be fine.

Before I convert everything into .mp3, can anyone share the details of what formats, sampling rates and bitrates are acceptable ?

I take it that you are trying to load the files onto the HDD. According to the manual .flac are not compatible with the first generation Sensus system.

File formats that can be copied to the hard disc drive

CD-/DVD discs: mp3, wma, aac. USB: mp3, mp4, wma, aac, m4a, m4b.

sensus.pdf

sensus 3.jpg

Last edited by MikeGMT; Apr 1st, 2024 at 15:19.
MikeGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 17:17   #3
Duncan Doenitz

Thank you, that would explain it. Google suggested otherwise so I'll have to think of another solution such as a bluetooth link to another player.
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 18:50   #4
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Doenitz View Post
Thank you, that would explain it. Google suggested otherwise so I'll have to think of another solution such as a bluetooth link to another player.
I used FLACsquisher to create compressed MP3 format copies of my 38,000+ FLAC files and then copied the MP3 files onto seven 32GB memory sticks, which I plug into the USB socket underneath the front centre armrest.

As long as folder structure for the MP3 files is something like

Artist > album > track

the Sensus system will happily play your music.

(FLACsquisher also creates a copy of the FLAC folder structure and places the MP3 files therein.)

I've also added a micro SD card to my mobile phone and copied a large portion of my MP3 files to it. This means that if the USB socket is unavailable, or just for a change, I can play my music from my phone via Bluetooth.

Last edited by Sotosound; Apr 1st, 2024 at 21:02.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2024, 10:34   #5
Duncan Doenitz

Thanks for the advice, long journeys are a great opportunity to listen to albums in one sitting and over the years, I have amassed quite a library.