Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestart upgrade offer

Views : 5043

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 15th, 2010, 15:10   #21
Harratts
I've Been Banned

Hi.

If you go to the polestar website and look they just send you to your local dealer.
If you got your car remapped outside of the dealer network then your warranty would be void, we often see cars in our dealer with remaps and it only takes two mins for our computer systems to flag up thats its had a remap.

i know places that can remap for less money but using the polestar keeps your warranty intact and for that you have to go to volvo.

Jeffo is right im sure Volvo will be taking a commission but thats how the world works, you can not expect Volvo to host the software and produce the marketing and dealer support for free.

we can not deal direct with polestar, we can only go to Volvo and they said no discount.

Gary
Harratts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 15:34   #22
XC90 Dave

I think Gary should be congratulated for trying, it's refreshing to see that a Volvo dealer is being pro-active for XC90 owners. The only other dealer that offers a service second to none is FRF and it would be beneficial to us all if more dealers (local) could offer support unreservedly with service and spares at realistic discounted prices. The benefit to the dealers would be more trade all round through recommendation by forum members, so in this instance what more could Gary offer the forum?
XC90 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:03   #23
uncle997

Hi all.
I picked up my new 2011 xc 90 on saturday and i looked into getting the upgrade but i found it to expensive,i would travel to Harrats to get mine done if the price was right .
Why dont we keep on lobbying volvo untill they see sense and may be do a one off block deal for say one weekend only on a first come first served basis after all we have all invested a large sum of money in a brilliant car so why tell us about the benefits of the upgrade and then put a silly price tag on it , or do they think we all have deep pockets because we run the xc 90?.
Iam just a normal working man who likes value for money so come on volvo let us have a bit more power for a reasonable price .
uncle997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:36   #24
Harratts
I've Been Banned

I will keep trying with Volvo but all they are saying is they will not discount.
it may help if i could get a rough number of people willing to come for the upgrade if the price was reduced just for one weekend like you say. But I think £250 is too much of a ask.

Gary
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:41   #25
gkcgary

i'd be in - but havent got the car yet...
gkcgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:42   #26
gkcgary

what about the side steps? - group discount price of ...??
gkcgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 16:47   #27
Harratts
I've Been Banned

if you want a group discount on anything from volvo email me numbers and details and I will see what I can do.

Gary
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 17:01   #28
uncle997

we should create a list or get a mail addy for harrats and commit to the upgrade with our details and let them pass it over to volvo and see if people power can win them over and the more that have the upgrade the more people we could sway to buy it e.t.c.
uncle997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 17:08   #29
oldmanbm

I will be in Yorkshire in July and if the price is right I am in too!!

2010 XC90 'Active'
oldmanbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 17:17   #30
tmsvolvo
Trader

Although we can offer the same deal on the Polestar products, if this proves to be an expensive option, we also have a special limited offer exclusive to UK based VOC/VPC members for the RICA ECM software upgrades for all XC90 D5 185 hp models either less than 3 years old, or over 3 years old and out of warranty. The special RICA prices are as follows -

RICA E-Power (205 hp, 450 Nm – same figures as Polestar) = £352.50 inc VAT
RICA Normal (226 hp, 460 Nm) = £440.63 inc VAT
RICA Stage 2 (240 hp, 480 Nm) = £484.69 inc VAT

Click here to see further information about the RICA upgrades.

For a group deal of 10 or more, we are also offering an additional 10% discount on the above upgrades.

This RICA offer is available until end of June 2010.

Last edited by tmsvolvo; Jun 15th, 2010 at 17:25.
tmsvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tmsvolvo For This Useful Post: