Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000 v70 t5 geartronic problem?

Views : 1085

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 29th, 2012, 21:34   #1
a11mcr

Default 2000 v70 t5 geartronic problem?

hi i have a 2000 v70 t5 geartronic and noticed latley that when i come to a stop at lights or a junction the box saeems to clunk slightly and when i take my foot off the brake it does it again and the goes into drive this does not happen if i use it in manual mode only in auto mode, i have flushed the box and changed the oil with volvo oil but still does it? i have just got vida 2012a and dice from ebay so could someone tell me what to look for or do with it?
a11mcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 23:47   #2
Fernando

Hi

I have the same problem with my V70 2002 , it is a problem of the neutral control, there is a software Nr 30646691, Neutral Control remove. I couldnt get that the dealer in Chile load this software in my car, but till I understand it is possible in others counties . But if you have VIDA may be that this software came included, I would appreciate if you have this software, neutral control remove included in VIDA , pls tell me if it is included in VIDA because may be my solution to buy it from ebay

Best Regards
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:42   #3
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

Had the software update installed and it fixes the problem. It has to be downloaded from Volvo's servers and is not included in any programs. Had mine done as part of a service and wasn't charged anything extra.
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 10:44   #4
a11mcr

Just rang my local dealer (mill volvo stockton) and nearly died, told him i wanted a software update for the tcm and was told for diagnostic,reset of tcm,ecm modules and software update £295 inc vat,
i think i will live with the problem as it only does it sometimes.
There must be somthing i can do myself with vida?
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:22   #5
Fernando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Lincs View Post
Had the software update installed and it fixes the problem. It has to be downloaded from Volvo's servers and is not included in any programs. Had mine done as part of a service and wasn't charged anything extra.
How I can get the Volvo's server, If I buy Vida and dice?
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 15:45   #6
a11mcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
How I can get the Volvo's server, If I buy Vida and dice?
as far as i know you cant it has to be ordered through a dealer, i have searched the net to find away around it but no luck so far and not paying for something that is just plug and play.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 18:56   #7
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

As far as I know anyone who is willing to pay can take out a subscription and buy time on the servers. Have a look on Volvo Cars US website. I'm fairly sure there is an hourly or daily rate - BUT, I would think that they will insist that you buy a fully legal and registered copy of VIDA?

The question has to be is it worth it?
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 20:19   #8
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a11mcr View Post
Just rang my local dealer (mill volvo stockton) and nearly died, told him i wanted a software update for the tcm and was told for diagnostic,reset of tcm,ecm modules and software update £295 inc vat,
i think i will live with the problem as it only does it sometimes.
There must be somthing i can do myself with vida?
You are being taken for a ride on that one.

What you should do is book the car in for a 'Free Safety Check' this will not only get the car checked over giving you a checksheet of any possible problems with your car. The car will also be hooked upto the computer and you will be informed of any updates that are available. You can then choose to just pay for ONE (TCM) or more updates.

This way you will get far more out of Volvo and you will only pay for the software update you actually want.

The other way to skin this cat is: have an actual service done (approx £270) this will give the car a full check, a full service and will also update ALL/MOST modules on your car (including TCM). You will then also benifit from 12months breakdown cover too.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 08:13   #9
gjuk

This sounds a similar issue to my t5 which is a 2005 car. Does this issue still happen for my car?

Thanks
gjuk is offline   Reply With Quote