Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Roofbars

Views : 584

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2021, 15:02   #1
Simon T

Default Roofbars

Hi everyone,I've just got myself a c30 1.6 diesel.
Loving it ,but wanting to get my bike on it,can I get roofbars for it??or am I best with a towbar?
Thanks
Simon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2021, 08:14   #2
oilit
All the gear - no idea

Thule maybe the best place to look - I’ve seen pictures of roof bars on them so it must be possible.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:56   #3
iainmd

Thule do roofbars and Volvo sell bars for the C30 (which I'm pretty sure are made by Thule).

Personally I always use a towbar mounted rack. No issues then with height barriers, car ports etc. ;-) Also, no issues with dinging the car paintwork when lifting up or down and much less effort to mount them.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2021, 12:21   #4
benk103

I've got the Thule setup (aero bars, foot pack and fitting kit) for the C30 - always been absolutely fine when I've used it, but found a decent deal on eBay for the genuine Volvo ones so I've now got those and looking to sell the Thule ones.

Personally I think the Volvo ones look better, and I intend to leave them on the car all year round (just put the bike carrier on when needed). I'll only ever have one or two bikes on there though - the Thule bars are slightly longer and flatter (the Volvo ones have a slight curve) so would be more practical if you're ever planning on carrying anything else I guess!
benk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2021, 22:23   #5
david480

I know Volvo do OEM roofbars but do they also do the carriers that you fit the bikes to or are these bought seperately?
david480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2021, 16:45   #6
andyv40turbo

I prefer towbar also but carry several mountain bikes reasonable distance. Is a bit more to get towbar and a rack but worth it for me. I do also have roof bars on but use these for DIY projects and kayaks. made by aguri and pretty much left on although do whistle a bit.