Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HELP: Lost my car keys

Views : 1515

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2021, 15:09   #21
paulcas
Volvo'd up

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfella666 View Post
Well Paulcas it gives me immense pleasure to say I told yoo so and fantastic yoo found your keys but yoo must admit what a stupid thing to do !!!!

Yep - unless Volvo UK have kindly put the details of your rolling code into the shredder before recording it on the computer yes they did it to me - then Steves will be able to sort. If not there is a key cutter in the Tesco car park at Leytonstone just off the Green Man - attitude stinks but boy does he know to work the immobiliser to ensure yoo have a matching coded key, I paid 95 quid 3 or 4 years ago, no probs since

And tell Steves to get me a full set of P1 70 genuine wheelbolts can ya, which I am happy to swap for the incorrectly seized front brake pad clips he flogged me last year !!
Hi Bigfella666, I know what a muppet hey, won't be doing that again

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with Steve, I've used him a number of times now and haven't had any issues bud.

Thanks for the heads up with the key cutter in Leytonstone
Old May 9th, 2021, 20:10   #22
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcas View Post
Hi Bigfella666, I know what a muppet hey, won't be doing that again
Could be worse, in my old VW I went to work one day and stopped in the yard to put my bags in the truck, left the engine running as I was going to put the car in the car park, you've probably guessed, as I got out I popped the locking button like usual and slammed the door, thereby locking the car with the keys in the ignition and the engine running had to get a colleague to run me home for the spare key.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2021, 10:42   #23
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Howdy Paul

In fairness to Steves to load clips came from Skandix and in my experience v unusual for them to get it wrong so just one of those things

About a year ago I also came across a clown who was heading out of town for lockdown, did not want to be alone. So sensibly re the 2 cars he was leaving behind he disconnected the neg battery lead on both. Only later did he realise the T5 has no door key only a working fob - what a plumb !!!!!!
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old May 11th, 2021, 10:43   #24
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Nice one Dave, made me chuckle !!
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella666 For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2021, 11:06   #25
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Couple years ago the local Volvo dealer lent me a brand new V40 on a 24 hour 'test drive'.

Id just got the car home and was sat in the drivers seat. I decided I'd go and sit in the back to see what the rear leg room was like compared to my S60. I got out of the front, closed the front door, then opened back door, sat in the back and shut the door behind me. A bit claustrophobic in the rear, but otherwise OK. Opened the rear door, stepped out, closed the door, and to my suprised heard a 'click' as the door automatically locked it's self, and the wing mirrors folded in. No worries, I'll just unlock it with the fob....Reach in my pocket... fob isnt there. I'd left the fob inserted in the slot in the dashboard, with the car still fully switched on (engine not running). Volvo sensus screen and digital dash still fully illuminated, but the car was completely locked.

A trip back to the dealer who begrudingly supplied me with the keyblade from their spare key. From that moment forward, I never leave a key in the ignition unless the drivers window is open.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T5R92011 For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2021, 11:18   #26
turboboy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Couple years ago the local Volvo dealer lent me a brand new V40 on a 24 hour 'test drive'.

Id just got the car home and was sat in the drivers seat. I decided I'd go and sit in the back to see what the rear leg room was like compared to my S60. I got out of the front, closed the front door, then opened back door, sat in the back and shut the door behind me. A bit claustrophobic in the rear, but otherwise OK. Opened the rear door, stepped out, closed the door, and to my suprised heard a 'click' as the door automatically locked it's self, and the wing mirrors folded in. No worries, I'll just unlock it with the fob....Reach in my pocket... fob isnt there. I'd left the fob inserted in the slot in the dashboard, with the car still fully switched on (engine not running). Volvo sensus screen and digital dash still fully illuminated, but the car was completely locked.

A trip back to the dealer who begrudingly supplied me with the keyblade from their spare key. From that moment forward, I never leave a key in the ignition unless the drivers window is open.
You only do that once. Been there, done that - after shutting passenger door and walking around car to get in driver side and hearing the sound of the central locking engaging!

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2021, 11:18   #27
400-ascona
Premier Member

A few years ago, I had the Carlton in for MOT. The immobiliser activates after so many seconds if you don't start the engine. So I reached in through the drivers window to deactivate the immobiliser and accidentally locked the car. The alarm then proceeded to shut all the windows and the sunroof, leaving the car stranded on the MOT ramp! Mrs Wain wasn't happy about having to drive over with the spare key and the MOT tester still enjoys reminding me of the day I blocked his ramp for him!