Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pilot Assist on AAOS

Views : 3953

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 8th, 2023, 10:50   #31
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post
The arrows don't work on AAOS cars.
Looking through the thread I think I made a faux pas in my reply to Lexman and Duri, I thought it was a question with regard to Sensus but I realised too late it was addressed to the AAOS system, if so just ignore my post, sorry.
Old Feb 12th, 2023, 23:47   #32
Hugh Williams

That was a reply I had from UK customer care saying the cruise/ speed limiter/ pilot assist would be reinstated on the wheel buttons. They also said drive mode selection would be made possible with voice control. Maybe we will get that in software v3.0
Hugh Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2023, 23:23   #33
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Williams View Post
That was a reply I had from UK customer care saying the cruise/ speed limiter/ pilot assist would be reinstated on the wheel buttons. They also said drive mode selection would be made possible with voice control. Maybe we will get that in software v3.0
Voice would be an improvement but some toggle buttons on main GUI screen or even via steering controls on the DIS would be better, that screen is so wastes with just dials and map.

Its a pain to hit that small cog on the move just to switch modes as the manual recommends for eco driving.

Last edited by sandys; Feb 13th, 2023 at 23:58.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 10:24   #34
JDR82

I just dropped of my 70 plate S60 for some work and they have given me a 73 XC40, just came online to check this as I couldn’t believe I had to go into the menu to change from limiter to cruise control as opposed to just clicking left / right on the steering controls.

Absolutely bonkers change.
JDR82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 15:00   #35
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR82 View Post
I just dropped of my 70 plate S60 for some work and they have given me a 73 XC40, just came online to check this as I couldn’t believe I had to go into the menu to change from limiter to cruise control as opposed to just clicking left / right on the steering controls.

Absolutely bonkers change.
Crazy isn't it. The buttons are there but they do absolutely nothing if the car doesn't have pilot assist.

I switch between cruise and limiter on long journeys several times depending on traffic, using a touch screen to do it when I could change it on my 19 plate car without even looking down is very backward.

As is having to press the big pause button at the bottom of the dash to mute the radio rather than just pressing the middle button on the right hand steering wheel pad...
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 21:27   #36
spitz

‘Hey Google mute radio’ …….

Does that work?
spitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 21:36   #37
MG14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz View Post
‘Hey Google mute radio’ …….

Does that work?
Or you could just hit the big central button to stop! Ok, so it’s not on the steering wheel but Stevie Wonder could find that big button
Old Mar 20th, 2024, 12:51   #38
neilgorin

Yes both of those work.

Hey Google doesn't work in my car though as there's always a passenger who starts talking when I try to use it.

The point is a feature has been removed yet the buttons left in place. A downgrade with an increase in price.