Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selected gear mode keeps jumping to Park automatically!

Views : 3798

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 11:23   #41
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
Sounds like a new alloy if it's that bad, especially if they've admitted fault.

I've had to get Volvo Customer Services involved a couple of times, and it's funny how quickly the dealers get their arses into gear at that point!
I'm waiting to get it back this week, then I'm going down that route if it's not perfect - after all they took the car in with 4 unmarked, as new wheels and returned it in a different state.
Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 13:41   #42
Yelper85

Quote:
And yet another fault. Passenger wing mirror started sounding like it was grinding so they have replaced it. Apparently a 20 plate car (it's basically a MY21) with mirrors that fold on average 4-8 times a day is classed as high usage and so expect high wear on those items so the dealer told me. Yeah, ok . . . .

Oh and the power module for the Sensus screen is being replaced as apparently that has fault errors but they have said this is only power to the unit so most likely won't resolve the hanging issues for which they have no answers, just like all the other software issues. They even tried to say the driver display was a hardware issue, so you're telling me it started happening on the exact day they did another update on the car. Call me cynical but . . .

They have also said the stain isn't a stain, it's most likely a 'wear' mark. I said, what do you mean wear mark, it wasn't there when I gave you the car and now it's there, it's clearly a stain. The rest of the arm rest surface texture is the same and there's not step change, it's a stain, but they are not accepting liability. They said the valeters have tried to get it out and the rest of the car looks fantastic inside, so what you're telling me is the arm rest is exactly as when I dropped the car off for you to resolve and you think telling me that because the rest of the interior is clean that will throw me off? Take a look at the attached photos. Does this look like 'wear' mark to you?
Got the car back. The stain is certainly better, and it's clearly a stain given a wear mark wouldn't have changed, but it makes me laugh that supposedly the valeters agreed it was a wear mark yet they have managed to make it better. Utter joke.

Next, the Sensus module. Got told it was just power and wouldn't affect anything or wipe settings (can you guess where this is going) . . . Picked the car up, asked, got told yes all fine, nothing has been changed or lost and it's been checked, plus the maps have been installed. Got in the car, every single setting and profile has been wiped, I now have zero maps installed, and the Volvo ID will no longer link to my account.

Rang up and said WTF are you playing around at, you promised me and told me to my face nothing had been lost, then they said well what we actually meant was it shouldn't have lost anything. I said, you told me the 'master technician' had 100% checked it was all fine and then they said he had only actually checked the seats moved when he pressed the door memory buttons. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Also asked how it was that the night before I picked the car up it had 80 miles left on it yet when I picked it up at lunchtime it had 30 miles left and had the low fuel warning on. They had no answer. Annoyingly I didn't check the mileage the night before as I could have seen how many had been accumulated. I knew it would use fuel when they were testing it to try and make Pilot Assist fail but it had a good 120 miles left when I dropped off Monday and it had 30 miles left when I picked up, yet they have said all they did was drive up the bypass for 10 minutes and back which runs directly parallel to the dealer!

They couldn't replicate the Pilot Assist error and told me I need video evidence of it to which I said what, put a camera on my head so I can record the trip as I'm driving?

Then to top it off (and this isn't anything to do with the dealer), had to pick my daughter up and her friend at night, got home, and her friend opened the car door straight into a stone wall and it's taken a huge chunk of paint off the door. At that point I could feel the arteries in my neck pulsing and my eyes started twitching.

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2024, 19:49   #43
Yelper85

Quote:
Got the car back. The stain is certainly better, and it's clearly a stain given a wear mark wouldn't have changed, but it makes me laugh that supposedly the valeters agreed it was a wear mark yet they have managed to make it better. Utter joke.

Next, the Sensus module. Got told it was just power and wouldn't affect anything or wipe settings (can you guess where this is going) . . . Picked the car up, asked, got told yes all fine, nothing has been changed or lost and it's been checked, plus the maps have been installed. Got in the car, every single setting and profile has been wiped, I now have zero maps installed, and the Volvo ID will no longer link to my account.

Rang up and said WTF are you playing around at, you promised me and told me to my face nothing had been lost, then they said well what we actually meant was it shouldn't have lost anything. I said, you told me the 'master technician' had 100% checked it was all fine and then they said he had only actually checked the seats moved when he pressed the door memory buttons. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Also asked how it was that the night before I picked the car up it had 80 miles left on it yet when I picked it up at lunchtime it had 30 miles left and had the low fuel warning on. They had no answer. Annoyingly I didn't check the mileage the night before as I could have seen how many had been accumulated. I knew it would use fuel when they were testing it to try and make Pilot Assist fail but it had a good 120 miles left when I dropped off Monday and it had 30 miles left when I picked up, yet they have said all they did was drive up the bypass for 10 minutes and back which runs directly parallel to the dealer!

They couldn't replicate the Pilot Assist error and told me I need video evidence of it to which I said what, put a camera on my head so I can record the trip as I'm driving?

Then to top it off (and this isn't anything to do with the dealer), had to pick my daughter up and her friend at night, got home, and her friend opened the car door straight into a stone wall and it's taken a huge chunk of paint off the door. At that point I could feel the arteries in my neck pulsing and my eyes started twitching.
Found even more issues:

1. Driver seat not moving with memory buttons or profile swap yet again. Changed profile to mine, no change in seat position but the mirrors moved, pressed number 2 on the memory buttons, nothing, pressed again, nothing, opened the door, pressed again and it moved. Changed profile to the missus then back to mine, and the seats moved!. I also don't understand why when using the memory buttons you have to keep your finger down on them. I was told it's to prevent crushing, but that doesn't make sense given when you swap profiles the seats move regardless.

2. Every time we start the car it states there's updates. Press the button to check, no updates at all for maps, applications, nothing. I think this is something to do when they have installed the maps like it doesn't recognise the update has been applied but says no update as the versions match or something similar.

3. Volvo ID will no longer link to the car. Worked absolutely fine before.

4. Radio randomly turning on/volume up. Sat there, either radio is muted or turned down then all of a sudden the radio comes on/volume ism turned up.

5. The side cover hasn't been reinstalled properly following the module change. It's completely loose and I can pull it off. Looks like the clip has been lost but this would have been obvious when the 'master technician' reinstalled it. Image attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cover.jpg (104.0 KB, 30 views)

Old Apr 21st, 2024, 21:41   #44
Yelper85

And now even more:

1. Air suspension venting all pressure in one go so the back end slams down rather than gradually lowering.

2. Driver display now randomly gets a solid red line down the screen when booting up.

3. Car not detecting key again yet it's sat in the centre console.