Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Silver 740 Turbo Intercooler for sale

Views : 832

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 15:18   #1
Theo

Default Silver 740 Turbo Intercooler for sale

I have for sale an original and unmolested 1988 745 Turbo Intercooler with the very powerful petrol 2.3 litre pre catalytic converter B230ET engine.

The hand book lists it as 182 horsepower and I think that Volvo claimed 0-60 in 7.8 seconds top speed 142mph for this model.

It has all electric windows, electric wing mirrors, heated seats, original Volvo radio, electric ariel, factory front fogs, egg crate grill, Volvo fitted hand fire extinguisher, manual sunroof, 4 speed auto manual gearbox, original analogue car phone, 5 five spoke alloys, not new but legal Pirellis, and all the usual turbo, rpm, volt gauge etc. interior is blue check half leather.

It is mostly main dealer maintained, 3 owners from new. Although it has a high mileage of 275000 this is mostly gentle motorway miles, both previous owners were older gentlemen and the original owner did not even want the Turbo model, just ended up with it because it was an ex demonstrator. The first owner and the third owner only serviced it at the main dealer, the second owner had it for 6 years and serviced it every year but not at the main dealer.
Over the last few years I have had fitted all the new parts as per a major service, plugs, leads, fuel filters, battery, coil, alternator, front fogs, exhaust are all genuine Volvo.
Car does not lose oil or water.

Reason for sale is that I have 6 cars at the moment and this one needs a new dif.

Things wrong with the car.

1) Rear dif has seized after main dealer changed the diff oil and it all drained out without me knowing. New dif required.

2) small dent to rear and front wheelarch (car park bumps, not too bad)

3) Sagging headlining. (I spent hundreds of pounds on main dealer repair to sunroof mechanism. Sunroof is watertight and this might be the only 740 in the country whos sunroof closes without getting your fingers caught in the mechanism)

4) Failed its MOT on handbrake shoes. I have new genuine Volvo brake shoes included in the sale.

5) Small rust hole in door. New silver second hand door included in sale if required.

This car needs a new owner who will lavish it with love and treat it like a princess.
Please email me at theohare@hotmail.com with any questions and to discuss price.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote