Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SC-805 Code

Views : 17363

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 19:11   #1
hotwheels

Help, my SC-805 radio has locked me out. It just says code when I power it on. The battery had been previously removed to do a job on the handsfree kit. The radio serial number is V00690V2259148. Many thanks in advance Chris.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 19:15   #2
4 forty
VOC Member

Default code

if you dont have the code, the dealer will supply you with it, some charge for this service, others dont.

paul
4 forty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 19:19   #3
hotwheels

Is there a calculator program that can be used. I have heard of these for other makes of stereo from the serial number.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 16:04   #4
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

No, Volvo dealer only as far as I know.

However, if the code they have for your car is incorrect (often the case where a stereo was swapped for another under warranty, or a previous owner chsnged it without recording the code) the dealer can get the code but need the sserial number and the part number.

If you have entered a code incorrectly 3 times, you'll need to leave the radio powered on for 2 hours before being able to enter the code again.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 18:39   #5
hotwheels

I will go to the dealer. I just don't get much time at the moment with work and all. Thanks for the advice. Chris.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 19:39   #6
oscartrain

Hotwheels,

Try 4614,

This code will work for a majority of SC-805 radios..

regards
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 20:53   #7
John_C
Allons-y!

Eh? How so? Is it a default or something, as that seems insane from a security point of view?

AFAIK You don't need to leave the radio powered on for 2 hours, just being installed should be enough. I had to do this the other day and it was fine so I think if you get it wrong and leave it overnight it should be OK to enter the code again in the morning.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 21:58   #8
oscartrain

i called Motorworld Volvo (oxford) this morning for my radio code, the guy on the service desk advised me that the radio code he gave me would be the same as another SC-805 radio. Crazy i know but i can only comment on what i was advised by the Volvo service desk.

The above is regarding the default code, he advised that if the owner has changed the code then the factory default code will not work, (pretty obvious!).

regards
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 08:36   #9
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscartrain View Post
i called Motorworld Volvo (oxford) this morning for my radio code, the guy on the service desk advised me that the radio code he gave me would be the same as another SC-805 radio. Crazy i know but i can only comment on what i was advised by the Volvo service desk.

The above is regarding the default code, he advised that if the owner has changed the code then the factory default code will not work, (pretty obvious!).

regards
And given that there are no instructions on how to change the codes in the accompaning manual, how do you change the code??

I don't know who you are talking to, but you are being fed a line. And it isn't a fine white power one...!

If the code a dealer gives you is incorrect (the unit has been changed under warranty for example) you need to give a dealer the part number and the serial number to get the correct code.

And yes, you have to have power to the unit for 2 hours before you are allowed to enter a code again. The timer starts from the moment that power is fed into the unit, so theoretically it could be out of the car, connected to a 12v power source.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 20:02   #10
oscartrain

Humm,

this does not give me much faith in main dealers if they offer duff information!!

maybe the trainee / YTS boy answered the phone to help out!