Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

144 DL for sale £350

Views : 1730

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 15th, 2009, 20:40   #1
volvo144gl
Simon king

Default 144 DL for sale £350

hi

I've spoken to the owner about this car, heres his reply

I can confirm that my father's Volvo is a 144 saloon Deluxe ( two badges on the boot panel state "Deluxe" and "Automatic". The badge on the wing has a 144 number joined to a shield with a crown on top. The uphostery is blue. The registration book states: Date of registration 2/5/1972, it is a saloon classic vehicle, Chassis Frame No: 311786, Engine No: 2879 (although this isn't relevent as it has had a non-Volvo engine installed). The exterior paintwork is light blue.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...hp/carno/61844

I have no connection to the owner , I've not seen the car and I have no further information, if you need any give the owner a call see link

hes keen to see it restored

Regards

Simon
volvo144gl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 14:43   #2
Acme

Message sent, thanks.
Acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 20:06   #3
john h
VOC Member

Talking

Do you know what "non-Volvo" engine it has?

Chevy small-block would excite my interest!!

john h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 12:55   #4
Acme

The seller doesn't really know much about the car as it was his dads. Could be worth a look if your close but I'm afraid its too far away from me. This is a reply I received whilst talking to the seller:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-mail received
Hi Kieron

The car has been garage stored for about 2 years since my father became incapable of driving. Looking at the bodywork my father regularly touched up damage, but apart from the bumps I have commented on I can't really comment on deeper wear and tear. I cannot comment on the engine further. My father had the non-Volvo engine installed to keep it running. There is evidence of filler repairs around the back lights. You really need to look at it yourself. My mother assures me that is was running when it was driven in the garage (but I can't get it out now) and my father regularly turned the engine over, that it only needs oil in it to get it running again.

Regards again
and this was the original mail received after intial contact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail 1

Hi Kieron

Reference the information you requested:

Date of registration 2/5/1972
Make Volvo
Model 144 Deluxe Automatic
Registration a 'K' registration
Body type Saloon
Taxation class Historic saloon
Original engine 1986 cc petrol (not a Volvo engine currently installed, is mileage relevant?)
Chassis No 311786
Original engine No. 2879
Bodywork colour light blue, condition (some bumps)

Location garaged at my mother's property in Wolverhampton, West Midlands

Please contact me if you are interested. Photos attached.

Regards
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 13:02   #5
Acme

These are the pics I was sent, in the size they were sent to me. Not very helpful I'm afraid and it could be the shadow but it looks like the NSR quarter has a dent? Like I say well worth a look if your nearby.