Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Whooooosh when let throttle

Views : 7668

Replies : 88

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2023, 19:04   #61
Baffler
Premier Member

Have faith...you must ensure all the hardware is in good order before going forward...when you get it boosting properly again you will forget all about those other marques

Just found this thread "Euro 4 D5 - VNT motor issues, and odd Soot Filter warning" which may have some useful info. Message 'FoggyJames' to see if he has had any updates/success with the actuator in the end.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 29th, 2023, 12:11   #62
Kamilll1982

Hi, any update? To me it looks like electronic turbo actuator.
Try to order used one that's correct for your turbo/engine(eBay or scrappy)
You can easily replace that yourself.
Regards
Kamilll1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 16:43   #63
passenger
Master Member

Hi guys.
sorry, I was not in mood to do anything on car. But today I removed turbo actuator. Vanos on turbo are not stuck, so I can move them freely, but... to freely. Or is like that or it's something in turbo damaged.

I will see today to find or new actuator matching my numbers or to send for repair. Hope so it will resolve problem, not that turbo is damaged.

I recorded video how to remove it, will post later in evening
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 17:11   #64
passenger
Master Member

Looks okay

Old Apr 2nd, 2023, 17:48   #65
passenger
Master Member

So I connected him again on car and went for adaptation. It's says complete, but there were no moving at all, just if I take with hand and try to move it, there is some bzzz sound.

Not sure should I order new or send this for repair
Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 17:58   #66
Baffler
Premier Member

I wonder has the shaft seized in the housing bearing/bushing? If you remove the motor and worm drive are you able to move the arm freely? Note/mark the arm position for reassembly.

Can't advise on it's function, Passenger, as I have no experience with these but found the following Sacer website which may have some useful info:

https://www.turbosacer.com/product/s...onic-actuators

https://www.turbosacer.com/product/s...uator-6nw01009

I don't see an option to purchase so maybe send them an email?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 18:57   #67
Baffler
Premier Member

And a similar issue? https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295520

Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 19:25   #68
passenger
Master Member

Thanks for effort and searching

Removing actuator is similar going to fight with 2 dogs lol

Okay, so I send 2-3 emails. Basically I found one electronic company doing this stuff. They gave me offer for 160€ to repair my unit + 20+20 shipping. So we are speaking about 200€.

There is one company in Lithuania with 8 similar Hella offers with my maching numbers written on actuator it self. But they said they have 8 with those numbers and they need numbers from turbo. From above there is no f chance because turbo pipe is on the way. Tried to remove it, no f chance. Sorry for swearing

I remember then, maybe I can remove right wheel and that plastic housing (arch) and yes, you can barely see it. I was like 10min trying to get best shot and additional with some lamp to gave more light. Luckily Huawei P50pro has good set of cameras.

Okay, I send E-Mail now with this fotos

I did search a lil bit on that link with 8 similar actuators and I think this is for me

Only this from 8 has that number which is on my turbo.

Today I gave my colleague from job actuator to test it. He said electro motor looks not okay. He explained me what but I'm watching through him while listening that. Dont understand it at all. But he is suspicious about that electric motor.

Well tomorrow we will see. Probably if they send it this week, it will come to Austria next week if I'm lucky, which I'm not lol. If this doesn't repair my car, I will burn it and oush in Rhein river.

I did video 15min with explanation how to remove actuator. I will see if this repair ny car, I will post it on youtube
Old Apr 3rd, 2023, 19:35   #69
Baffler
Premier Member

Scratches are inevitable, unfortunately, some organic cider apple vinegar will cure them fast and expel any bacteria.

Best of luck with sourcing the correct actuator!!!

Old Apr 12th, 2023, 21:30   #70
passenger
Master Member

Ok guys. So nothing.

I will try some workshop. Giving up

I put new part and not reading at all. It's all the time closed and when I drive I dont have boost at all. Turbo is not reacting.

Put old part back, reading it immediately and now something strange: I start car and give throttle and he is reacting. Opening and closing, I recorded in step motor while giving throttle.

https://youtube.com/shorts/xvsbGRJj79M?feature=share

But when I drive, out of garage, on the streets and again whooosh sound and I recorded again in step motor and he is not moving while giving throttle. Dont understand what it going on.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7CtjmbsDa70?feature=share

So I'm giving up, will give somebody to look at it and that's it. After that is going on sell and will buy Toyota Auris 1.6 N/A.

Will give feedback when I know more.